Cbr125 issues

M3TAL

Hi guys,

Just purchased a cbr125 2004

Bike seems to ride ok for the most part however when I'm going 70 or when I drop down to stop the bike gets a feeling like it's just ran out of fuel and putters and dies.

Happened going home down duel carriageway doing 70 bike putters and dies. I belive it is fuel related as I dropped down to 50, 5th and let clutch back out and it sputtered and came back to life again. And keeping it under 60 rest of way home was ok.

Bike idles fine with no jumping

I've noticed the original fuel line has been cut and another peacock had been put on with another fuel line attached. Could it be this pipe being to small restricting the amount of fuel coming from tank to carb?

Have you check if the fuel filter is new/clean?

Sounds like a shortage of fuel when not on idle mode so it could be just some dirt clogging the system.

Not as of yet. Just rode the bike back in to work. Tested again and riding @70 the bike putters and dies, went the rest of the way 55/60 and was ok.

This time however I was unable to bump on the move, kept on spluttering and dieing out until I had stopped and let it sit for a few seconds and restart.

Feels exactly how it would switching to reserve.

Need to get the tank of really and see why original fuel line cut and has a screw in it and has this new one fitted with a peackock. Maybe

New line goes from tank, to on off valve and straight in to carb. I have no reference pictures to see how it should have been

I have all the signs of a dirty carb.

Remove the little screw with the feeds and give it a good clean. (No idea of the name in English)

Worth to install a filter if there isn't one.

I had the same problem. The bike would die during prolonged high speed motorway riding but run normally at lower speeds. The problem was the fuel cut off tap had corrosion in it on the vacuum side so it wasn't opening fully so the carbs would eventually run dry. Cleaning the corrosion out fixed it.

Thanks for the tip. I can see that the bike has an aftermarket fuel line and stop tap fitted so this could be the issue, not being open enough to supply the fuel.

I guess my first step should be to replace the tap and get an original line on there.

Does the bike have duel lines? I only ask as one is going to carb and the other has been sealed with a screw