New bike and guarantee

jimbo77

It can be done by anyone but if you want to keep in line with the warranty it will most likely need to be done by an approved mechanic selected by the manufacturers :thumb:

This applies to bikes as well as cars

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/35704/watchdog-keeping-your-warranty-valid

In short you can use any garage providing you stick to the schedule, use genuine parts and can prove it all ie correct grade of oil etc

What he said 👆🏽

I asked the same question a couple of years ago from a non franchised dealer. Fair play to him for his honesty, he informed that it had to be a Yamaha authorised service centre using genuine Yamaha parts to prevent screwing up my warranty....

I asked the same question a couple of years ago from a non franchised dealer. Fair play to him for his honesty, he informed that it had to be a Yamaha authorised service centre using genuine Yamaha parts to prevent screwing up my warranty....

I think he was wrong

For my van should it ever be made, I was told I could take it where I liked as long as they were vat registered and followed service schedule and use oem parts.

From what I remember from having 2 new Nissan pick up trucks [mention]Bender[/mention] is spot on the VAT registration number on your receipt is the crucial bit.

However I expect the manufacturer will probably kick up in the event of a warranty issue hoping you arent aware of your rights and he can save a couple of quid.

I have only bought 2 bikes new since 1979 and in both cases I got the first and from memory the second services thrown in.

Good luck, Cheers

Ian

Ian and Bender are correct the firm doing the work have to be VAT registered and use oem parts, another thing to think about is these days bikes have ecu`s and electronic systems on them that may need a software update to solve an issue and your independent guy may not have the equipment to do it.

I think he was wrong

Possibly, but I’m no expert so played it safe.