How much horsepower do you need

goat

Where is this closed private road, I'de like to give it a go. :shock:

Be like Peter pan. If you can't see a closed private road, imagine the road you're ON, IS the close, private road 👌🏽Just came back from one myself using quite a lot of the bhp I have on tap. Don't need it of course, but boy do I love it. 20200720_211127.thumb.jpg.fd6d9d5afe3b3e5f792cc10600bd2fe8.jpg

Do you have to stop though to press the button to take a photo!

I'm not used to all this taking pics while out on the bike! us casuals don't do that round here...........

No......you leave it running but you can still take stills out from the footage.

I don't have time to do silly things like that! I have cars to overtake :roll:

dpgiphy.gif.734339dc8d4e62203f58d821dbd9d2f8.gif

That's why you stick a cam on your head. If you had you'd be able to confirm what you're saying.

Do you have to stop though to press the button to take a photo!

I'm not used to all this taking pics while out on the bike! us casuals don't do that round here...........

No......you leave it running but you can still take stills out from the footage.

Do you have pics of these aforementioned four cars?

Why the hell would I take photos while riding!

Because your kind - who are permanently on a speed-crazed white knuckle ride down Death and Dismemberment Boulevard - get your kicks that way.

You should consider what sort of tragedy could unfold if a troupe of performing penguins unknowingly stepped off the pavement in front of you while you were getting your cheap thrills.

Or what if a small child on a pedestrian crossing carrying a box of fluffy kittens while on the way to the PDSA appeared in front of you?

yes the whole day would turn interesting

Why the hell would I take photos while riding!

Because your kind - who are permanently on a speed-crazed white knuckle ride down Death and Dismemberment Boulevard - get your kicks that way.

You should consider what sort of tragedy could unfold if a troupe of performing penguins unknowingly stepped off the pavement in front of you while you were getting your cheap thrills.

Or what if a small child on a pedestrian crossing carrying a box of fluffy kittens while on the way to the PDSA appeared in front of you?

yes the whole day would turn interesting

Or a coachload of Nuns started exiting the vehicle and he ploughed into them as well?

I have never rounded a bend to discover performing penguins, small children carrying boxes full of fluffy nuns or even a solemn procession of kittens.

I have however rounded a bend to discover a fuel tanker on its side completely blocking the road.

This caused no small moment of anxiety and much bad language.

I have never rounded a bend to discover performing penguins, small children carrying boxes full of fluffy nuns or even a solemn procession of kittens.

I have however rounded a bend to discover a fuel tanker on its side completely blocking the road.

This caused no small moment of anxiety and much bad language.

Just goes to show that you never know what's round that bend.

Like I've always said......ride according to what you can see NOW........not according to what you saw in the PAST!

Riding decisions based on past experiences will get you killed........that's why most serious incidents tend to occur nearer to home on roads that you're more familiar with.

Riding home from just passing my test in NZ I rounded a bend to be confronted by an angry bull in the middle of the road! .. That practiced U-turn came in quite handy! :wink:

No bulls.....but always plenty of these!

Yes.....I know I'm leaving myself open on this one!

xtsh.jpg.498ae3e160aeea6c768aab55e610bb6d.jpg

Riding home from just passing my test in NZ I rounded a bend to be confronted by an angry bull in the middle of the road! .. That practiced U-turn came in quite handy! :wink:

I can see how, when riding your sheep, being confronted with a Yamaha xt would be troubling.

I've been reading this thread with interest.

This may be an unpopular post, but when people say "it's useful to have the power to hand when I'm in a tricky situation", sometimes I think people need to consider the events that ran up to that situation.

Now this isn't to say I'm casting aspersions or making assumptions on EVERY situation you're applying that to. Just that I mean I've chatted to people before about that overtake they were doing and "then the oncoming car appeared" or "then the indicator light turned on". That's the point of my riding that I get reflective on my own decisions up to that point!

Have the power to hand maybe but always be willing to critique yourself :thumb:

I can see how, when riding your sheep, being confronted with a Yamaha xt would be troubling.

jimgiphy.gif.66b30d9a5ddb7bf3a3f1415efc296f5c.gif

I've been reading this thread with interest.

This may be an unpopular post, but when people say "it's useful to have the power to hand when I'm in a tricky situation", sometimes I think people need to consider the events that ran up to that situation.

Now this isn't to say I'm casting aspersions or making assumptions on EVERY situation you're applying that to. Just that I mean I've chatted to people before about that overtake they were doing and "then the oncoming car appeared" or "then the indicator light turned on". That's the point of my riding that I get reflective on my own decisions up to that point!

Have the power to hand maybe but always be willing to critique yourself :thumb:

I have to admit I have never got that saying about using power to get you out of a situation!

The plan is to never be in that situation!

I have used power to get me in to a situation I didn't want to be in! which is where lies the problem. Inappropriate use at an inappropriate time and experience teaches you and sometimes you also learn the hard way I have been there and done that in the early years of riding.

I have to admit I have never got that saying about using power to get you out of a situation!

I have used power to get me in to a situation I didn't want to be in! which is where lies the problem. Inappropriate use at an inappropriate time and experience teaches you and sometimes you also learn the hard way I have been there and done that in the early years of riding.

Have you never tried to overtake a car only to have the twat speed up just to keep you hanging out there too long?

None of us are perfect and what ever level you think you are, you probably are not. Regardless of your level of expertise all of us would benefit to some level from some advanced training. Look at it this way, advanced training won't make you worse :D

Have you never tried to overtake a car only to have the twat speed up just to keep you hanging out there too long?

I have overtaken a car for them to speed up but its never been a problem for me to get in and never left me out too long

I plan my overtakes and ensure there is enough room to get in and if not I wait

None of us are perfect and what ever level you think you are, you probably are not. Regardless of your level of expertise all of us would benefit to some level from some advanced training. Look at it this way, advanced training won't make you worse :D

Some of our club members are IAM instructors and in a few weeks time they will be doing a slow control session, due to covid they had to cancel other training sessions but hopefully they will resume again, and for us it's free as club members so it would be rude not to :lol: :thumb:

Which is why you have a planned overtake even before you commit...

Why should i not overtake ( never why should i overtake )

Where am i going to finish

What if i can't finish

In your scenario other vehicle speeds up you have two choices ...

You can speedup too and accelerate into further danger

Or you can abort and safely tuck back in ( which should be part of your plan anyway) and replan with the knowledge that they may repeat their actions .

Which is why you have a planned overtake even before you commit...

Why should i not overtake ( never why should i overtake )

Where am i going to finish

What if i can't finish

In your scenario other vehicle speeds up you have two choices ...

You can speedup too and accelerate into further danger

Or you can abort and safely tuck back in ( which should be part of your plan anyway) and replan with the knowledge that they may repeat their actions .

I'm not going to argue with you but in the situation I was in the driver of the car had the intention of keeping me out! Slow down? So does he. Speed up so does he!

Some of our club members are IAM instructors and in a few weeks time they will be doing a slow control session, due to covid they had to cancel other training sessions but hopefully they will resume again, and for us it's free as club members so it would be rude not to :lol: :thumb:

it would take you 3 miles to overtake four cars..with out a breakdown during the maneuver.

one nearest you number plate looks fit... did she swallow .

one nearest you number plate looks fit... did she swallow .

geogiphy.gif.98fd5d317153718c786b0a046a58d295.gif