Has anybody used aftermarket fairings?

Harris

I'm interested in ordering some ABS injection made fairings for my bike.

Until I can get the tank resprayed I will be using the tank cover supplied with the fairings. Just wondered if anyone has used or does use one of these covers and could tell me what the fitment is like?

I have seen a couple of bikes with the cheap Chinese fairings!

And while they look OK on close inspection you can tell that they don't fit perfectly

I have seen a couple of bikes with the cheap Chinese fairings!

And while they look OK on close inspection you can tell that they don't fit perfectly

Yeah from doing my homework the ABS injection fairings are supposed to be a better fit than the vacuum produced ones. I dont mind a bit of nipping and adjusting here and there to make them fit better.

I think the only real way is speaking to people who have fitted the ones you are looking at really

Got any links to the ones you're looking at?

Ive got the site, but the photos don't show them fitted to a bike. They dont show the tank cover in the pics either so its hard to judge how well it will fit.

https://www.motorcyclefairingsale.co.uk/suzuki-fairings/tl1000r.html

Guest Richzx6r

I got one from China a few years ago for my old j1 and 95% of it looked good it was just the lower panels didn't interlock properly

Tough one!

I just had a look at the facebook page and there is some reviews and pics on there

I'm sure I'm in a minority when I say this but I aren't on facebook haha

Tough one!

I just had a look at the facebook page and there is some reviews and pics on there

I'm sure I'm in a minority when I say this but I aren't on facebook haha

You will fit in here then as there is plenty not on it on here :lol:

Hi[mention]Harris[/mention] , Fitted a few of these kits, Only had one that didn't fit that well, Sadly can't remember who supplied them as clients normally brought them, themselves.

The only thing I would say is, Was your bike fitted with tank cover originally? Some kits say they have covers but don't, because otherwise you might have to alter seat to fit cover!

Anyway this is a CBR600RR and this fitted a dream, and finish was ace.

P1010239.thumb.JPG.a90960cc8f23e2a7a4f7b7185411517b.JPGP1010246.thumb.JPG.74eea2a88982281d1c3ad04d40d109f0.JPG

Hi@Harris , Fitted a few of these kits, Only had one that didn't fit that well, Sadly can't remember who supplied them as clients normally brought them, themselves.

The only thing I would say is, Was your bike fitted with tank cover originally? Some kits say they have covers but don't, because otherwise you might have to alter seat to fit cover!

Anyway this is a CBR600RR and this fitted a dream, and finish was ace.

That looks really nice! And a pretty decent fit too.

I have emailed them to ask if it comes with the tank cover just to be sure, which they got back to me and confirmed it does. Mines still on original tank with no cover at the min. The plan is to have the tank re sprayed eventually but for the time being I was hoping a cover would be a decent fit.

Ill just have to see how it goes I suppose :thumb:

Got a Chinese fairing on the RGV and have to say its not bad.

The decals and finish are good.

Not so good are all the mounting bosses were stuck on with Chinese chewing gum and I had to araldite them back on.

Some of the panel gaps are a bit iffy aswell.

The overall quality wouldn't fool a purist but good enough.

I have the original OEM fairing in the loft, needs a bit of TLC though.

I only paid £33 for the Chinese fairing off ebay so bit of a steal when they are upwards of £300 new.

Not sure I'd pay full whack for one as reviews are a bit hit and miss.

20170114_101943_crop_541x470.jpg.369b62929b23c5b0aa5718411495ec6b.jpg