nearly there just not 100%

skikman

hi cant seem to get my yamaha sr125 running 100%.it idles and runs ok its just if you give it quick throttle from idle it will die[bit of a bummer taking off at lights]i have checked and cleaned all i can think of.this is,carb and jets many times[carb cleaner,air gun]air filter seated well no leaks,inlets to carb no leaks[sprayed around with carb cleaner no different]float height and fuel height ok. mixture screw to the best i can get it[one and a half turns out]peacock and fuel lines clear.valve clearance ok.new plug which looks ok[nice and brown]moved clip on needle up one,then down one notch.tried fresh fuel.this is doing my head in.can anyone help PLEASE.

I had that on my bike and it was caused by incorrect spark plug. Gap was twice as big as it should be. When I changed the plug I adjusted mixture on carb and no problems since then :) I don't have video of it anymore but I had to try to accelerate VERY gently. If I twisted grip too fast it was choking and dying instantly. Did you check gap on this new plug?

I had that on my bike and it was caused by incorrect spark plug. Gap was twice as big as it should be. When I changed the plug I adjusted mixture on carb and no problems since then :) I don't have video of it anymore but I had to try to accelerate VERY gently. If I twisted grip too fast it was choking and dying instantly. Did you check gap on this new plug?

yea its ok.i wonder,could it be faulty?

both sue's and my son's ybrs do this until

they are warm! They take ages to warm up!

much longer than any of the bigger bikes

I've had.

its still the same after riding for some time

• 9 years later...

Hi there

Do you know what the gap measurement was on the spark plug was please so I can check mine

Also I have fuel going into the air filter and I can’t get the bike running 100%? I can get my head around it! Would this have anything to do with the spark plug clearance?

Thanks

both sue's and my son's ybrs do this until

they are warm! They take ages to warm up!

much longer than any of the bigger bikes

I've had.

Same with the CG i have, needs 1/2 choke to start from cold and needs a couple of minutes idling before you can rev the throttle :lol: :thumb:

Try putting the choke on a bit. Does it pull away better or worse with the choke on? If it's better there must be a lack of fuel. The sr125 manual I saw says 2 turns out on the mixture screw. Try that. Is it better at 2 turns? You said you adjusted the needle position and it had no effect? If it had no effect that sounds like the main jet or main air jet could be blocked. If you move the clip down it makes it richer. Move it up makes it leaner.