What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Thanks Tiggie. Not sure really. Front forks/wheels are all bent out of shape. Was fairly low speed (luckily, ive gone faster down the same road). Driver pulled out of a left hand side road as i was filtering traffic to my left. I saw her bumper edge out and was ready to stop but then she turned towards me to join the road (going opposite direction) and essentially cut me off and swiping the bike out from under me.

Right leg is hurting progressively more. May have to go A&E. Can't walk now.

Ouch. Sorry mate...

Fitted a new battery to the RGV, taxed it and took my first ride out for 4 months :shock:

Didn't go too far but stopped for a photo on the new suburb growing on the side of Rugby called Houlton.

It's on the old radio station site, some may recall seeing the 800ft masts that used to be there, now all gone.

The building in the background was one of the transmitter centres that will now be incorporated into a school.

Bike ran fine but I think the front brakes need bleeding.

20200717_170550_copy_1651x1238.thumb.jpg.3dd4c95275b6cb6769397ad158ec5507.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Thanks Tiggie. Not sure really. Front forks/wheels are all bent out of shape. Was fairly low speed (luckily, ive gone faster down the same road). Driver pulled out of a left hand side road as i was filtering traffic to my left. I saw her bumper edge out and was ready to stop but then she turned towards me to join the road (going opposite direction) and essentially cut me off and swiping the bike out from under me.

Not good mate, get yourself checked out best be safe than sorry hope you make her pay for it

Ohh. Not good. Glad you are not too bad ,but yes get down to A&E and get fully checked out. :(

No pics or video, but had a cracking ride to Lincoln this afternoon and saw the inlaws and good old catch up, left a bit later than planned as was chucking it down, managed to get most of the way home though before being caught a short downpour, just spent the last ten minutes drying down Xena before putting the cover on, only used one bar of fuel there and back :lol: :thumb:

Got knocked off. RIP calf ligaments and S1000R.

Oh no mate. Sorry for the bike :(

Hope you're doing ok; give us an update once you've been to A&E.

Took the eldest on his longest ride to date, down to the coast using the 'interesting' and meandering route. About two hours in total. Got to look at all the cruise ships in Weymouth bay whilst having a stop and a brew with my folks who are down there. Then back on the more direct A road route. God that's a slog in comparison, despite being quicker.

Polished my boots (not a euphemism) when we got home, then just to top it all off gave the door hinges and padlock to the shed a bit of GT85 and an oil too.

Got knocked off. RIP calf ligaments and S1000R.

Sorry to hear that, but the main bit is you're still breathing.

Mine had its first service, so now able to get all 70mph out of the poor little 125. :lol: :lol:

Fish

Rode up to Boston via market harborough, Melton, Grantham, then stopped for a crap coffee at sports bike shop, then headed back to Leicestershire via Stamford, Oakham, Melton.

God knows why anyone has a bike in Lincolnshire. Speed cameras absolutely everywhere! Saying that, there was a van on the b4067 near market harborough on the way back, had to have a sensible day for the most part!

Fitted sliders to the Bobber.

IMG_20200721_114522027.thumb.jpg.0a7c486fb53b447c06059259a8ab62a9.jpg

IMG_20200721_114540923.thumb.jpg.b9a20b4fe5d3bf6e5b7c7be624e61b7e.jpg

Puig classic style. I looked at the R&G ones but they're a bit too modern looking and they use brackets that fix the engine casings which I'm not sure is ideal.

Having dropped it once I wish I'd fitted these earlier, it would have been cheaper. Silly mistake leaving the steering lock on as it's separate from the ignition.

IMG_20200721_120221562.thumb.jpg.af6b77e29aa50ac3acda6a42b101944e.jpg

Nothing to the bike.. but last night I finished the routes for next month and loaded them onto the sat nav. I do like it when some places offer choices of routes handy for where you're staying like this: https://www.lecampingmoto.net/maps

Ive chosen 3 of them. all variations on what we did last time. including a real favourite.. a ride i really enjoyed, a return to the summit of Mont Ventoux. worth it just for the view of Provence. The road climbs 566m higher than Ben Nevis.

Mont-Ventoux.thumb.jpg.56721149278a5e892c4f6cc12bd7b6a2.jpg

Got my new one and had my first hours ride on it after work this evening.

All I can say is wow!, so linear and smooth and easy to ride fast even after a short time on it, that electronic suspension is amazing. The engine is great too, giving away about 15 BHP to the Ducati but you’d not notice it’s gone, oh and the sound, sounds way better than anything else I’ve owned other than the Aprilia.C7438105-492D-4A8A-B525-593808FE1A3A.thumb.jpeg.5898005ba2d7103b26d7152d6d6e3e38.jpeg

Rode my new bike home 😁😁😁

We both got a new bike on the same day :D , what did you get?, hope you’re enjoying it.

Triumph tiger 800 😍

hope your doing ok .

Got my new one and had my first hours ride on it after work this evening.

All I can say is wow!, so linear and smooth and easy to ride fast even after a short time on it, that electronic suspension is amazing. The engine is great too, giving away about 15 BHP to the Ducati but you’d not notice it’s gone, oh and the sound, sounds way better than anything else I’ve owned other than the Aprilia.C7438105-492D-4A8A-B525-593808FE1A3A.jpeg

💦💦💦💦💦💦

Want a race?

Also, post more pics please. This bike deserves its own thread.