Quadlock review

On my naked bike I had one of these which was almost perfect, and only £7.99 back then. Only not quite perfect because applying and removing the rubber bungee things is hard with summer gloves, impossible with winter ones.

179608604_Screenshot_20200723-122712_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.109d2ebaa8adb7154ba0e3bd350b1305.jpg

My new bike needs a stem mounted holder in the middle of the triple clamp. I looked at lots of options but I couldn't even get the inner tube diameter of the stem - I think it was like 14.5mm but some were for 14mm and different ones for 15 - annoying.

At £49.95 quadlock is pretty expensive but I knew it would fit so I took the plunge. Installation was simple and it feels sturdy.

IMG-20200723-WA0016.thumb.jpg.1fd7d3dde9dbb73b23942c9e08c663f8.jpg

Only problem is you need a quadlock phone case. I already have a case with a stand that I like and shelling out £22.75 for a quadlock one was annoying but I did it. IMG-20200723-WA0015.thumb.jpg.95275e33a6743e3bf4827e0b7abcaf87.jpg

Tbh that's cos I didn't know they did the below, or I'd have got that. Annoyingly you would need a new case with your new phone if you upgrade every 2 years like me so they're ahem 'locking' you in a bit.

If you don't have a phone care already then buy this and happy days. Its a good case (no kickstand though), good holder, easy to use with gloves and can rotate portrait or landscape when you put it on which is cool.

IMG-20200723-WA0018.thumb.jpg.1e5a167a3241e464c1c8174b04e3ee97.jpg

However, if you already have a case then quadlock will sell you a universal adaptor with 3m tape for £16 including delivery...

Screenshot_20200723-123606_eBay.thumb.jpg.516ba570e98da6f78b2bb92ca1e43292.jpg

May as well just buy the £22 case to keep it nice and slim really.

Ooor you can get 2 of these from ebay for £6 which are super sturdy. Badly finished 3d printed so pretty ugly, but great fitment on the holder. I've ridden 500 hard miles with mine, well happy, keep my kickstand.

Screenshot_20200723-123727_eBay.thumb.jpg.2c5b0dcce7478f62d60d76416307d973.jpg

I'm sure someone will make a cheaper quadlock soon but until then I recommend it.

So there you go!

/review

IMG-20200723-WA0017.thumb.jpg.81021f1633f8092b63b0cbdee4c263d6.jpg

IMG-20200723-WA0014.thumb.jpg.49002bd9ff8eaeafd8fb6167e2efb46c.jpg

I keep meaning to write a Quadlock review on here after getting one last month and realising no-one on here had reviewed it.

I have the wireless charging head. New product so a few niggles that the support team have been good to work with me on. But with regards to the mounting system itself, yes pricey but exceptionally impressed with how solid the phone feels on it.

I went all in, I've got a waterproof phone (Galaxy S8+) but still bought the waterproof poncho for it..... (because despite all the videos on youtube of people swimming with them or leaving them submerged in water for hours with no ill effects, I still don't trust it....)

Zip, what zip? :lol:

The only problem I had was the phone overheating under the 38c in Spain while trying to use the sat-nav.

Next trip will get a dedicated GPS device instead of frying the phone ;)

The only problem I had was the phone overheating under the 38c in Spain while trying to use the sat-nav.

You could put it in your pocket and have audio directions in your ears. I have a comms system so that works for me*

*after like 2 hours finding the 'play directions over Bluetooth' setting in Google maps.

You could put it in your pocket and have audio directions in your ears. I have a comms system so that works for me*

*after like 2 hours finding the 'play directions over Bluetooth' setting in Google maps.

Yes I could have.

The problem was the mrs wanting to talk to me while I was listening to some sexy girl's voice. :D