What you doing this weekend?

rennie

I did the distillery tour a couple of years ago (ok it was in a car) but I can recommend the A86 towards Dalwhinnie from the west coast. Lovely road with some nice straights but plenty of sweeping and tight bends. The pics are from one of the scenic stops I had.

Fish

I have a phobia of dams. 😳

Why? What happens when you see a Dam?

I did the distillery tour a couple of years ago (ok it was in a car) but I can recommend the A86 towards Dalwhinnie from the west coast. Lovely road with some nice straights but plenty of sweeping and tight bends. The pics are from one of the scenic stops I had.

Fish

I feel a sense of dread combined with slight nausea and vertigo . I have the same reaction to power station cooling towers and on a visit to Tate Modern I was reluctant to look up until we were inside the building . Reservoirs and their associated structures in general are grim , forbidding places especially when they are half empty .

I feel a sense of dread combined with slight nausea and vertigo . I have the same reaction to power station cooling towers and on a visit to Tate Modern I was reluctant to look up until we were inside the building . Reservoirs and their associated structures in general are grim , forbidding places especially when they are half empty .

Bloody hell! I suppose you gotta be careful if you're riding a bike at the time?

Bloody hell! I suppose you gotta be careful if you're riding a bike at the time?

It's not so bad as to be debilitating but it can be a distraction . I'll be passing down this road in a few weeks but I won't be staying in that hotel ! I'm none too keen on this bit of road either .

Polish_20200722_151528368.thumb.png.3439a1f7e11c45284f5f7cc18d5cc1d4.png

Screenshot_20200722-152330.thumb.png.98325114d43465977a872b074afe2b3e.png

Guest Richzx6r

Do you know why you get that feeling?

No idea . Nobody chooses a phobia .

It's not so bad as to be debilitating but it can be a distraction . I'll be passing down this road in a few weeks but I won't be staying in that hotel ! I'm none too keen on this bit of road either .

Been past the Glascarnoch Dam many times on our return trip from oop North, usually a diff route going North, sometimes taking the Mallaig Ferry to Armadale and then over to Dornie. :thumb:

The nutters from Norfolk are coming to stay Fri and Sat night!

first time for months.

We're having a bit of a do Sat :cheers: (It's someone's birthday on Tues)

My kids and some of the neighbours will be calling round all will be socially distanced in the garden.

There will be lots of cider involved and probably some karaoke :cheers: :lol:

Then we're off in the campervan for a mini holiday on Weds 8-)

No idea . Nobody chooses a phobia .

Phobia of dams or structures must be quite unusual but equally quite upsetting if you unexpectedly come upon one. I'm slightly claustrophobic but not an issue on a bike.

Been checking out the info on another station for this weekend!

It's not going to be difficult to access like Gorafe.......but there will be some offroad involved.

Not sure whether it's going to be Saturday or Sunday because the wife hasn't yet decided if she wants to go to the shops in Baza tomorrow. :cry:

It's not going to be difficult to access like Gorafe.......but there will be some offroad involved.

Not sure whether it's going to be Saturday or Sunday because the wife hasn't yet decided if she wants to go to the shops in Baza tomorrow. :cry:

You let the wife decide :shock: rugged individualism at its best :P

Doing a roast pork dinner on Sunday and as long i don't get too fat again i will have a ride out late afternoon/early evening, might attempt the land speed record if the conditions are good :lol: :thumb:

You let the wife decide :shock: rugged individualism at its best :P

I don't get fed otherwise!

Phobia of dams or structures must be quite unusual but equally quite upsetting if you unexpectedly come upon one. I'm slightly claustrophobic but not an issue on a bike.

Unless your helmet gets stuck and you cant get it off :shock: :lol:

I'm only slightly joking as I get a little crazy if something I'm wearing gets stuck and wont come off, I once ripped my work t shirt in bits (think 80's Hulk Hogan!) to remove as it was a size too small & a hot day so by the end of the night was pretty much stuck to my body

2043198A-3C4B-4CBA-8026-0086E8D18473.jpegSunday off to Flos cafe for another large breakfast.

Is Flo a bit OCD ?

Guest Swagman

2043198A-3C4B-4CBA-8026-0086E8D18473.jpegSunday off to Flos cafe for another large breakfast.

Is Flo a bit OCD ?

It’s her daughter I think, likes everything in tidy order, waste of time once I get my greedy paws on it looks like a bomb site then. :thumb: :thumb:

Green laning today, haven't been for a while and I'd forgotten just how sore your legs are at the end of the day!! My mate was well ahead of me on his KTM250 Enduro bike but that didn't worry me, where as he has to change his oil a couple of times a month, (at least), I don't, :D Good old Honda CRF gets me there eventually, Maxxis off road tyres made the world of difference!....All in all, wet muddy day but with a smile on my face from start to finish....

Green laning today, haven't been for a while and I'd forgotten just how sore your legs are at the end of the day!! My mate was well ahead of me on his KTM250 Enduro bike but that didn't worry me, where as he has to change his oil a couple of times a month, (at least), I don't, :D Good old Honda CRF gets me there eventually, Maxxis off road tyres made the world of difference!....All in all, wet muddy day but with a smile on my face from start to finish....

Nice way of having fun at under 20 MPH

Won’t last long, make the most of it before it’s banned!!