Meet Keiser Steinbock

Pie man

Picked up the Katoom today. Just missing the pillion heated Ergo seat, which will be fitted at first service, then all set for Scotland in September GOPR5411.JPG :thumb:

So you named it after a German bombing campaign?

Other than that looks good

Picked up the Katoom today. Just missing the pillion heated Ergo seat, which will be fitted at first service, then all set for Scotland in September GOPR5411.JPG :thumb:

Nooooo. I named it after an Austrian mountain goat, also known as an Alpine Ibex :cheers:

Nooooo. I named it after an Austrian mountain goat, also known as an Alpine Ibex :cheers:

Ohhhhh no you didn't 😁

Superb bike, very nice colour, neutral, love it :3some:

I think that end can is so big because of catalytic converter is in. Is it?

Cats are usually nearer the engine due to the heat the need to operate at. I think it's a trend with a lot of new bikes to have huge exhausts.

its more a requirement of euro 4 (and now euro 5), manufacturers have been forced to use bigger mufflers to keep the volume under 80db.

I think that end can is so big because of catalytic converter is in. Is it?

Cats are usually nearer the engine due to the heat the need to operate at. I think it's a trend with a lot of new bikes to have huge exhausts.

its more a requirement of euro 4 (and now euro 5), manufacturers have been forced to use bigger mufflers to keep the volume under 80db.

Might as well go electric then.

Might as well go electric then.

Oooh! Someone's looking for trouble!

Guest Swagman

Trying to stop people changing them as removing the cat makes the bike illegal with the emissions laws. :shock:

Is that so? A lot of people decat their Bobbers. How does that go at MOT time? I've never had emissions tested at MOT.

No they don’t test at mot yet, but the cops supposedly can place a hefty fine on you if they wish as the emissions are supposed to be the same as when manufactured, that’s what I read came from White Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors I believe,

The law has evolved over the years and long story short, it states it is an offence to use on the a road a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet (if you are ever struggling to sleep I recommended reading the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations and the Road Traffic Act 1988. It is WAY more effective than counting sheep).

If you get caught doing this i.e. ‘de-catting’ a motorbike that should have a catalytic converter etc. you could be looking at a hefty fine. Bizarrely though, as matters currently stand, motorbikes do not have their emissions tested as part of the MOT and there are load of companies out there ‘de-catting’ bikes.