Twists and turns...

Gerontious

So, some of you i guess have been following my now quite lengthy post about my upcoming trip to Europe.

Originally to Austria... and then being told, when the Pandemic arrived that i was being optimistic. And nothing would probably happen. But then.. as i always assumed. Changes came and Europe.. or rather, most of Europe re-opened. Even countries that have suffered a disaster of epic proportions.

but Austria.. typically cautious as only they can be looked at Britain and especially what has happened in Leicester and put a road block in place that was insurmountable without huge risks.. risks of a €1,400 instant, on the spot fine.

So... i scrapped the idea of going to Austria for this year. And switched to a return to the South of France. i knew exactly what and where.. it was all very simple.

well.. Im on nights at the moment. and have been asleep. And while i was asleep this happened. The Austrian Embassy updated their front page.

620139402_ScreenShot2020-07-25at19_25_36.thumb.png.229c9ad57ed0cddf3568734c83ee3fb9.png

5 weeks today.. and i guess things can still change. but... BUT... it looks like.... :mrgreen:

The route over the Col du Mont Cenis is absolutely fantastic, and I've seen a fair bit of la Route des Grandes Alpes too - great !

I hope your trip in September is superb. I won't be going abroad this year - the first year for 40 years !

Next year I hope to make at least two trips to the continent. At the moment, I fancy a ride down through France, over the Col du Mont Cenis into Italy, then Slovenia and down the Adriatic coast to Dubrovnik. I've been down there before and next time I want to try the ferry from Trajektno pristanište Ploče. It's not the quickest way to get from Split to Dubrovnik, but I like ferries .....

Things could change though......cos as you know a lot of EU countries are now getting a second wave.

The UK government has just said that people returning to the UK from Spain from midnight tonight will need to self-isolate for two weeks.

Things could change though......cos as you know a lot of EU countries are now getting a second wave.

The UK government has just said that people returning to the UK from Spain from midnight tonight will need to self-isolate for two weeks.

Don't go to Spain !! :D

We’re lead by donkeys.

2020 is stuffed, I've given up for this year & planning for next :crybaby:

Two things I’ve learnt this yr. pay no attention to those who think they can predict the future. and take nothing for granted, assume it’s going to happen but have a fall-back plan ready for if it doesn’t.

My fall-back plan was the wild Atlantic way, in Ireland. I’ve never toured in the land of my birth so it wouldn’t have been such a bitter pill.

First choice was always Austria and now, right now it looks very promising. But only time will tell. Whatever happens as I ride off the train in France. (Assuming I can even do that) I will be chasing the sun and heading for the mountains.

We’re lead by donkeys.

2020 is stuffed, I've given up for this year & planning for next :crybaby:

I admire the OP due diligence and enthusiasm to travel abroad. I too was meant to be off over the Timmelsjoch this year. However, with all the uncertainty on travel to and from abroad, and my lack of enthusiasm to keep abreast with all the latest travel advice. I have decided to stay here and see more of the UK. Hopefully start again next year :crybaby:

I hope you do get away and we get to read your european tour stories.

We’re lead by donkeys.

Being a bit cruel to donkeys. More like ticks - parasitical blood suckers that pass on horrible diseases.