Tank bag suggestions?

Cheap not waterproof:

https://www.rydestore.com/luggage.html

I have had a small tank bag of there's for years and it's still in useable condition.

I used the chain splitter, it be they sent me replacement. So no issues.

It was also my first time using chain splitter so maybe partially my fault?

Motocentric also do some.. not trialled by me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-motocentric%20tank%20bag.html

Got one of these. Totally waterproof and can charge devices internally.

DF2EF658-4E2C-4FE6-AB52-B2F433211081.jpeg

How high does it go up on your bike, I've always wondered how high they go up and wasn't sure if I should get ones that big? Plus back then I only had a CBR + new rider so didn't want my vision of the tachometer blocked so opted for the smaller ones.

I was going to go out to take a pic and realised there’s one in the image already :D

I guess how much it obscures your instruments depends on your height - I have no issues :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Breezin has it arrived ?

Unfortunately no! Usually takes only a few days. Did they give you a tracking number of anything?

Whether it's lost or not, I'll need to sort you out for the postage.

[mention]JackieOWheels[/mention]

I have found (at least where I live) that royal mail delivery drivers like to click everything as delivered as soon as they load it all onto their van. Probably to save them faffing about after each delivery :roll:

@JackieOWheels

I have found (at least where I live) that royal mail delivery drivers like to click everything as delivered as soon as they load it all onto their van. Probably to save them faffing about after each delivery :roll:

I ordered some parts from the USA & the parcel was last tracked in Australia :shock: :scratch:

Still haven't received it.

Screenshot_20200624-073424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0dc2af23061153d2c03a452b58798ba0.jpg

I wonder if charlie & ewan are delivering them as part of a new series :lol:

Postman Pat & the long way back

If ever I sell my bike( which is unlikely) I can describe it as 20k miles, crash bungs 40k miles :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well tankbag, still looking for your tank bag!

Several emails in and they've just stopped responding. I called them just now and they were all apologies and said they would 'send a form to the warehouse'. I feel much better now. :|

Well tankbag, still looking for your tank bag!

Several emails in and they've just stopped responding. I called them just now and they were all apologies and said they would 'send a form to the warehouse'. I feel much better now. :|

Everyone is blaming covid for their incompetence, I chased my order from the usa & ' they are following it up ' with USPS. They didn't give an answer to my question about their policy if USPS has lost my order.

Would you believe they just came back with this?

I am happy to inform you that your order has been found and processed. It ... should arrive within 4-5 working days.

So the phone is mightier than the email. No apology, but who cares... let's see if it actually arrives!

Ta-dah! It arrived!

20200720-174106.jpg

Thanks so much tankbag -- perfect fit, and as you can see if the image works, it allows access to the fuel cap. And it's in brilliant nick too! Really generous of you to let me have it :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Ta-dah! It arrived!

20200720-174106.jpg

Thanks so much tankbag -- perfect fit, and as you can see if the image works, it allows access to the fuel cap. And it's in brilliant nick too! Really generous of you to let me have it :cheers:

Glad it's gone to a good home :thumb: plus I may have mentioned it to the missus to get her to wind her neck about my bike gear :lol: