Scammers

Mickly

Funnily enough, while watching a tv programme about how to stop nuisance calls I got this ... & my response - do not view if you are easily offended!!

0F142A86-CED8-46F1-8E4D-F9517C539C28.thumb.png.22a97df46737b85e80a29fe8f28f8cb4.png

There's a covid test scam going round too. They ring pretending to be NHS and tell you someone you know has tested positive and they need to send you out a testing kit

Ask for your address and card details to "cover postage" :roll:

Never reply to scammers because some scans can harvest your phone or email and then use that as an identity to scam other people.

Someone I know replied with an "ups yours" response which made them feel better. But then they were contacted by several people saying they'd received a scam call from this number.

Funnily enough, while watching a tv programme about how to stop nuisance calls I got this ... & my response - do not view if you are easily offended!!

0F142A86-CED8-46F1-8E4D-F9517C539C28.png

I just had same one, just reported it as scam and blocked number.

I often get ones that claim there is a payment problem, or there is a direct debit that needs to be sorted, just bin the lot.

I get these sorts of emails all the time. There’s nothing new about them. Send out a 1000 and if they get a few bites that’s enough. Ones I get most are about a failure to process tv license payment. I’ve not had a tv licence for 20 year. Others are banks I don’t use. Power suppliers I wouldn’t touch. Phone networks I don’t use. And so on. And on. And on. When I get an email that might be relevant. I look at the actual sender, not who they say they are. And never ever open attachments.

The ones that really bug me are the parasitic legal firms that watch who goes to A&E then ring suggesting looking for compensation.

I had to take our daughter to A&E after she fell off a pair of ridiculous high heels on wet cobbles, copious amounts of Lambrini probably hadn't helped, she was a bit younger then.

That afternoon the phone rings, they had more information than they should have been able to glean. So I played along to see how much they had but also contacted the hospital. Turns out someone in A&E was taking backhanders to pass on details.

The other one was a lady who rang about industrial hearing loss. I couldn't resist it, I kept shouting that I couldn't hear her, you need to speak up, etc etc. She got very excited until we got to the bit about where I'd worked to suffer hearing loss.

"You remember the Apollo space missions? Those enormous rockets built by NASA...I was the guy who lit the little blue touch paper."

A slight tangent, but a while ago my dad had someone phone up his work shop asking to speak to person who pays the phone bill.

My dad replied "we don't have a phone" ... they then apologised and hung up :roll: