Isle of Wight

manxie49

Great, I'm only an hour from the ferry :D

I can walk to the ferry, still does not mean the ferry companies will not do there best to make the Manx Steam Pact Company look like opportunists rather than out and out crooks for over charging...

Great, I'm only an hour from the ferry :D

I can walk to the ferry, still does not mean the ferry companies will not do there best to make the Manx Steam Pact Company look like opportunists rather than out and out crooks for over charging...

well thats why they call them the steam racket

Wait till you meet the Solent ferries, I can ride to the local ferry terminal in 10 minutes.

Yet it's cheaper to ride to dover and get the ferry to France than get the ferry to a port 3 miles south, including petrol costs....

Wait till you meet the Solent ferries, I can ride to the local ferry terminal in 10 minutes.

Yet it's cheaper to ride to dover and get the ferry to France than get the ferry to a port 3 miles south, including petrol costs....

My daughter lives in Cosham. Looked at taking my grandsons over to the Isle of Wight until I saw the fares. Ludicrous for the distance.

It's the most expensive ferry in the world mile for mile apparently. The cost of the ferry seems to be an issue for a lot of you guys, it's always been that way. I've been to the TT a few times, this is small change IMO.

I'm more excited by the thought of seeing my road racing heroes doing battle around the circuit. Seeing them blast down the Military Road will be epic.

Soz for not complaining about the cost of the ferry.

There's some serious feckin moaning going on about this looking at the IOW news, I thinks it's going to get scuppered by the locals.

Yep, Major Spanking-Hyde & Lady Twinset - Pearl Necklace will galvanise the local W.I. & Masonic lodge to ensure it never disturbs the tranquility of their retirement idyll - “bloody tourists are bad enough, should be allowed to shoot the buggers in season” says outraged local judge Sir Roger Emruffly !!

Some local politician is kicking off about it, he reckons it will encourage speeding on the roads all year round....cock! It'll probably go the same way as the plans for racing in Wales, people just don't seem to want motorsport on open roads anymore, if here is anything to go by anyway. The difference with here is that it forms over 100 years of the island heritage, be brave politician to try stopping it....