Nightmare of a bike

Richards1234

Hello all, recently got my first bike, a 125cc, since I got it it's been a nightmare, starts first time and sits happy, but after 15 mins or so of riding (or when hot) it cuts out and refuses to restart until cool, I've replaced and tuned the carb so fuel/air is fine, it seems electrical, any ideas? I've none, thanks everyone in advance

Its had a new air filter, got spark and compression, also its air cooled, everything mechanical has either been replaced or double checked, I believe it to be electrical, ignition coil is a good shout

It's got spark when it's running but when it's cut out and not starting, if it's sparking then why is ignition circuit faulty?

I'd do as bender said when it cuts out check if it has spark. You could also open the drain screw on the carb and check if it's got petrol to the carb. Also when it's cut out check if it's got compression. If the valve clearance was too tight it could loose compression when the valve get hot

Does it have a kick start ? If it does try kick starting it after it refuses to start when hot. If it does start on the kick I'm going to go with low voltage in the system which will not give enough power for a spark.

If you have a volt ohm meter, hook it to your battery once the bike is warmed up. Hit the starter button and see what the voltage drops to. If it drops below 10 volts you probably don't have enough voltage for the coil to supply a hot spark.

Guest Swagman

Is the fuel tank breather blocked, if so would starve of petrol when, it cuts out open fuel cap and see if it restarts then If it does then there’s your fault. :thumb:

Hello all, recently got my first bike, a 125cc, since I got it it's been a nightmare, starts first time and sits happy, but after 15 mins or so of riding (or when hot) it cuts out and refuses to restart until cool, I've replaced and tuned the carb so fuel/air is fine, it seems electrical, any ideas? I've none, thanks everyone in advance

Coil .

This is priceless . 😂😂

Excellently written piece of crap. :D :D

I'm thinking Chinese to German to English may have actually gained something in the translation .

Guest Swagman

This is priceless . 😂😂

Excellently written piece of crap. :D :D

I'm thinking Chinese to German to English may have actually gained something in the translation .

Well at least it gained a bit of comedy in the translation. :D :D

If Carbs fuel filter and air filter all done...

1) Might be worth running with fuel cap lifted just in case its vent is blocked,

2) Electrical I would go: a) Timing sensor pick up, b) Coils,

• 1 month later...