What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Took it for a well earned ride out to the doorstop in quatford, Shropshire for breakfast then onto Sally's place in Malvern, worcestershire for an ice-cream. In need of a nice ride out wife had a minor stroke last week and is well on the mend and wanted to get some air just glad she's feeling well enough to get out worrying times

Best wishes .. hope the wife makes a full recovery :thumb:

Thanks six I'm sure she will 8ts just a real bitter pill she's an anp nurse we are both key workers and I'm guessing all the stress of work through this torrid time has added a lot of stress. Here's to a great 2021 were just taking it easy this year and hoping we can all ride this storm and look to better times.

Planning some nice breaks next year so she can de-stress and enjoying the garden in the meantime

Don’t get much more hardcore than this

@XTreme ... look at the sign on the door .... and where am I sitting , rugged

Individualism at its best .

That stuck it to The Man!

Took it for a well earned ride out to the doorstop in quatford, Shropshire for breakfast then onto Sally's place in Malvern, worcestershire for an ice-cream. In need of a nice ride out wife had a minor stroke last week and is well on the mend and wanted to get some air just glad she's feeling well enough to get out worrying times

Best wishes there Mike!

Best wishes to your wife....Hope it all works out ok

Popped in to Fastec Engineering to pick up a few bits I'd commissioned and spotted this in their bike bit:

20200731_211537.thumb.jpg.a487d1c7d1b1b625e61cf3be41179ccb.jpg

20200731_211444.thumb.jpg.2c85241d90c5854613c30d495e87e019.jpg

It's fairly modded with a few bits left to do but I really like it.

Popped in to Fastec Engineering to pick up a few bits I'd commissioned and spotted this in their bike bit:

20200731_211537.jpg

20200731_211444.jpg

How much are you paying for it :popcorn:

Dude, my wife just shit the bed after I told her I'm buying a milling machine with *my company money*.

I'm supposed to be slimming down the fleet, not adding to it!

20200731_211537.jpg

20200731_211444.jpg

an xt 500 a great bike

Dude, my wife just shit the bed after I told her I'm buying a milling machine with *my company money*.

I'm supposed to be slimming down the fleet, not adding to it!

Don't tell her :lol:

"Storing this for a mate" love and I also have to take it for rides :thumb:

Today I finished the wiring for the towbar.

Plug under the seat so it is just remove the seat and plug the cable. :)

Polished the stainless steel tow frame. Once the 10l vinegar arrives will be doing the nickel coating. :thumb:

Trust she makes a full recovery. Best wishes.

Would anyone who has 2 bikes and a single garage mind posting some pics of how they fit in? The reason I ask is that I currently have a double garage and am looking to move house- I have found a house I like but it has a single garage. I am slightly concerned about the single garage as I have 2 bikes, table lift, 100l compressor and welder (plus other crap) and am worried about fitting it all in. 

Would anyone who has 2 bikes and a single garage mind posting some pics of how they fit in? The reason I ask is that I currently have a double garage and am looking to move house- I have found a house I like but it has a single garage. I am slightly concerned about the single garage as I have 2 bikes, table lift, 100l compressor and welder (plus other crap) and am worried about fitting it all in. 

In "my side" of the garage (effectively a single) I have 3 bikes side by side with space to squeeze down the side.

The rest is taken up with a pillar drill, 2 x 150x75cm benches, a 75x100cm fabrication bench, a welder & gas bottles, a toolbox stack, a couple of draw units, a grinding bench thing, a reasonable size lathe, and there's still loads of space left for assorted shite!

You've just got to get organised. 8-)

In "my side" of the garage (effectively a single) I have 3 bikes side by side with space to squeeze down the side.

The rest is taken up with a pillar drill, 2 x 150x75cm benches, a 75x100cm fabrication bench, a welder & gas bottles, a toolbox stack, a couple of draw units, a grinding bench thing, a reasonable size lathe, and there's still loads of space left for assorted shite!

You've just got to get organised. 8-)

Thanks. Being organised is my worry :D

The FJR normally sits where the BMW frame is and the BMW sits on the bench under the cupboards. plenty of space in the middle you can get a third one in and just get round them even with furlough weight added :lol:

Although I am lucky I have an extension on the garage where I have shelving and my compressor etc

I might have a pic with them in position I will post it if I find it

IMG_20200504_122503.jpg

IMG_20200504_122512.jpg

Ordered 6" curved pull-backs/risers and a front brake cable (longer). Booked a Sevice and MOT. Arranged for a 'courtesy bike' - The new Road King (which will be 'mine' for two days).

Sorted out today's short 'tag' ride (too warm for long-haul).

Fitted new footplate 'grinders' - These 'Tag' runs are wearing them out bl@@dy quickly!

:cheers:

I spent nearly three hours cleaning my bike after two 300+ mile days going down to Yorkshire to meet up with a friend for a ride out around the hills and dales with a night out thrown in.

Some brief rain showers on day #1 leading to some dirty sections of road then starting dry on day #2 but, as I headed for home (Dundee), the rain became quite persistent. The bike was left looking pretty sorry for itself so I had to give it a fairly thorough clean - very satisfying when it's finished .....

:shock: :shock: You’ve got a fuel gauge?!.

Ha! Your r1 does. Mine has a 'miles to bingo' counter too which is nice. Where's the r1 thread BTW?

Mine doesn’t have one it just has a fuel light, it does have a setting which tells you your MPG over the trip and amount of fuel used though.

Thread incoming.

Morning launch control practice.

What does that involve?

Mainly practicing launch control in the morning.

Which basically just holds the revs at 10k so you pin it, dump the clutch and hold on for dear life. A la the below