Get off the bike while fuelling up!!

Stu

Yep, that's the reason :lol:

Has anyone measured how much petrol you can get in your tank on the sidestand compared to straddled ?

Not me personally but someone did it on an FJR and they couldn't get anymore in standing it up after filling on the side stand

That would of happened if he wasn't on the bike , it was the attendant who was putting it in and wasn't looking what he was doing... Twat

That would of happened if he wasn't on the bike , it was the attendant who was putting it in and wasn't looking what he was doing... Twat

Its more about the toasted nuts I would be worried about!

But I will probably carry on sitting on the bike and fuelling up :lol:

Not this one again . I just don't accept the argument that you can get more fuel in by sitting on the bike . You're going to get off anyway to go and pay and it just puts the staff on edge because they've probably already had enough driveaways for one shift . Plus you just look daft doing it .

The most impressive is the guy trying to put the fire out with a garden hose...

For a full tank I put the bike on central stand, if I don't need it full to the top the side stand will do.

Not this one again . I just don't accept the argument that you can get more fuel in by sitting on the bike . You're going to get off anyway to go and pay and it just puts the staff on edge because they've probably already had enough driveaways for one shift . Plus you just look daft doing it .

No one has said you can get more in :scratch:

This is more the fact of what can happen when you spill fuel and if its all of your nuts when its ignites then you have toasted nuts

Funnily enough (or not) I was filling one of mine up yesterday with a red hot engine and the fuel spat back spilling petrol all over the bike. It wasn't nice hearing the sizzle as the petrol hit the engine.

The Bobber has the fuel cap off centre anway so on the sidestand the filler is directly at the highest point.

I am to lazy to get off, and I pay by card so no need to go to counter. I don’t even remove helmet.

But I do use the side stand, once I tilt over and was like a turtle helpless on her back while two friends of mine were pissing them self taking photos and video.

get off or not... all depends.

pay at the pump are not ubiquitous, certainly not near me. In fact, come to think about it there isn't one near me. The nearest is an unmanned Asda and its not in a direction I would usually pass by. FWIW one thing Ive seen happen right in front of me is a chap filling up, and striking a pose while he did it. And then he paid. Then he must have changed his mind and decided he wanted something from the shop. put the bike on its side stand and while he was away I could see petrol start to piss out of a drain pipe. he came back, didnt notice and rode away leaving a trail. he must have really brimmed it for that to happen.

I always get off even if pay @pump, but i only usually top up with £5-£10 depending on how low the gauge is, if i need a full tank i will fill up from home as i will turn on ignition and fill until the gauge registers full, i did overfill once and had to drain out about 2 litres before it stopped coming out of the overflow lesson learned and never again :lol: :thumb: