What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Oooops20200802_080420.jpg

That loos potentially expensive !

What did they have to say?

Cheers

Ian

Section 59, dangerous driving (I would say skilful myself), speeding (unquantified speed). No idea.

Cheers

Ian

Section 59, dangerous driving (I would say skilful myself), speeding (unquantified speed). No idea.

Am I right in thinking a section 59 puts a marker on the bike and if caught again they can impound the bike?

[mention]Stu[/mention] from government legislation website:

Section 59

Section 59 of the Act is a common tool now used by police constables and police community support officers (PCSOs) to seize vehicles being used in an anti-social manner. Vehicles can be seized if the police officer / PCSO reasonably believes that a mechanically propelled vehicle is being used in a manner:[5]

causing, or likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance to the public,

and:

contravening section 3 (careless/inconsiderate driving), or

contravening section 34 (prohibition of off-road driving/driving other than a road) of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Vehicles should be issued with a warning first, unless this is impracticable.[5] An example of it being impractical would be the offenders leaving the vehicle/making off or the vehicle being unregistered and unable to be traced - therefore a warning unable to be placed. If an officer also reasonably believes a warning has been given within the past 12 months - whether or not recorded on the Police National Computer or similar system, they can seize the vehicle immediately.

We’re you issued with an intent to prosecute or a fixed penalty? Did they show you the eveidence?

Is the dangerousness unspecified speeding because if so maybe they have not got evidence of your speed.

Neither - they said they would post it. Didn't show me any evidence of either

If I can offer the benefit of my recent experiences. It won’t hurt to ask to see the evidence once the NIP arrives.

Oh yeah deffo. Thanks.

Oh and remember to not upload any video footage that may incriminate yourself at other times of what if witnessed by trafpol would be classed as dangerous riding.... Ie veering across the road potentially not in full control .

Hmm everyone experiences these things differently. Maybe next time buy from sportsbike shop (in person, alas not online via the referral link) and you can test ride some of their lids on your own bike. Cos, as you're probably aware, no refunds on ppe...

I did purchase from a shop and not online, which is why I will be giving them a call tomorrow to see what they say. It wasn't SBS as they are too far away when I can't use motorways on the bike. :(

Fish

Cheers

Ian

S59 is the most unjust pieces of legislation IMO, if issued there is no right to appeal :scratch: Loads of threads on pepipoo where these are issued as a cover all. Most drivers just keep a low profile for 12 months until the marker falls off. If I had video disproving a notice I'd make an official complaint to my MP ( or munch on my sd card )

I feel you pain.

Unnamed_Route.pngOff road again today, tracks were really quiet, I seen one other person on a quad, dry as well so the wife didn't make me get changed in the garage :roll:

Last time Mrs Mickly told me to get changed in the garage coz I was soaking wet, I walked into the house stark bollock naked as I was soaked to the skin I’d got nothing to change into ....

How was I to know that her sister was visiting ? 😮

Unnamed_Route.pngOff road again today, tracks were really quiet, I seen one other person on a quad, dry as well so the wife didn't make me get changed in the garage :roll:

Last time Mrs Mickly told me to get changed in the garage coz I was soaking wet, I walked into the house stark bollock naked as I was soaked to the skin I’d got nothing to change into ....

How was I to know that her sister was visiting ? 😮

You were cold as well? :angel12:

Had another nice blast out with a couple of other people, got through 3 tanks of petrol! :shock: E632BF16-DB83-4B67-803D-F5F43A8C1C82.jpeg

For r1, 3 tanks are around 120 miles :thumb:

Had another nice blast out with a couple of other people, got through 3 tanks of petrol! :shock: E632BF16-DB83-4B67-803D-F5F43A8C1C82.jpeg

For r1, 3 tanks are around 120 miles :thumb:

I think mine must be even worse it has a full system on it and pops and bangs and shoots flames out of the exhaust every time you close the throttle!.