Corona Virus Standards..

onesea

It cannot be just me that sees big differences in approach/ application of rules between shop... Some I won't visit gain.

ScrewFIx:

Get out of car for click and collect order,

2 guys guy in car park they stop talking so they can hail "have you got mask? please put it on! (I am in car park, just stepped out of car)" "Now wait at point No 1 (still outside)" guy now radios into store to get permission for me to go in, then instructs me to go in, there where no customers inside (or out). I then had to wait as they went to shelf's to collect all the items for my prepaid and prepared order. Was subsequently asked for ID having supplied all codes references etc details from email.

Toolstation:

Guy sitting at desk at front door helping customer, find right product. after brief wait he asks is it pre-ordered, yes I give name, he excuses himself to customer. Less than a minute later hes back with bag, postcode check for ID he returns to the customer who had not pre-ordered..

Moles Country Store: initially 1 person from each household, so my misses was left dealing with 40kg of dog food since I was not allowed in and she had money. Have visited since and found the staff so politely instructive and patronising helpful I would not revisit.

Local Shop: Step in put helmet on table then put mask, no problem. Why don't you just wear your helmet, its to hot, fair enough.

Co-Op: Customers queuing outside as staff to busy to call them in. Shop allowed 8 customers inside, 2 customers inside. Sign says wait for staff so people waited for staff, not applying the thinking as one leaves one can walk in.

Maybe they had previously visited Moles or Screwfix??

I cannot be the only one seeing this..

Local B&Q is annoying at moment. Everyone has to use a trolley to help social distancing and to allow staff to know how many are in shop.

Was a pain, as both Wife & I had to each take a trolley despite only going in for a length of stripwood. I get why they are doing it but I'll be avoiding there for now!

The problem is lack of clarity and total lack of consistency from the government coupled with the constant changing of the rules. Everyone I know who has to deal with things is driven to despair.

That's no excuse for shops not treating people well, but there is widespread confusion.

The whole point of rules and regulations is to protect the minority who are capable of thinking for themselves from being unduly inconvenienced by the majority who are not. Unfortunately, the ever-changing and illogical information currently coming from the startled sixth-former and his bunch of clowns means we are all at the mercy of the common sense of people who have no aptitude for using it.

The inconsistencies are down to the shops, screwifix could be doing the same as toolstation but they choose to make it as awkward as possible and I now avoid if at all possible, toolstation is fine.

Same with wickes and bnq, wickes were pretty sorted when they opened and bnq, is still a pain, wickes however shut for a month when it could and probably should have remained open for trade, bnq were open right through with click and collect from carpark when it was bad.

Our local Screwfix are quite good, polite and efficient.

Sainsbury's have been crap, click and collect was a delivery van in the car park with no queuing system marked or organised just a huddle of people. Go to get my shopping and he's forgotten to put any chilled items on the van so I get half my shop and then have to go in the store to get the rest.

The problem is lack of clarity and total lack of consistency from the government coupled with the constant changing of the rules. Everyone I know who has to deal with things is driven to despair.

That's no excuse for shops not treating people well, but there is widespread confusion.

For me allot of confusion is caused by the press needing so much clarification.

The eat in take out with without masks sums it up... Why is it safe to not wear a mask because you are eating in? but taking out you need to wear a mask?

Answer: Its not "safe" to eat in but you cannot eat in with mask on, taking mask of to eat increases risk and at moment that's not judged to significant.

Also there are other factors cleaning between customers is not so easy to achieve at counter take out service compared with eat in.

You cannot legislate for every situation....

Local B&Q is annoying at moment. Everyone has to use a trolley to help social distancing and to allow staff to know how many are in shop.

Was a pain, as both Wife & I had to each take a trolley despite only going in for a length of stripwood. I get why they are doing it but I'll be avoiding there for now!

yes we get that at our local booths store even if you only want a packet of crisps you have to use a trolley :scratch:

yes we get that at our local booths store even if you only want a packet of crisps you have to use a trolley :scratch:

I was told the reason for everyone needing to have a trolley is because now people are wearing masks anyone with glasses is half blind, and many wearing masks think they're invulnerable and have less sense of spacial awareness. Making everyone have a trolley tends to keep people further apart.

Last time I popped into Tescos for a couple of bits three people bumped into me blundering around in masks. Doing the same with a trolley tends to keep people at bay.

So today family chores done my daughter and I went for run on the bike. Having deliberately missed snacks at lunch I had cunning plan..

Eat out to save or what ever. So with my usual lack of planning:

A Harvester:

Oh yes we have just got a table available in side.. Can we have one outside No were not serving food outside.... I was waiting for the excuse of because of C19. Although it explains all the empty tables in the lovely fresh air, we made our excuses and left.

The next only took pre-aranged bookings , the next not opening until 5th of August.

Just finished choc ice at home... If they want saving they had better make it easier than that!

• 2 weeks later...

The whole point of rules and regulations is to protect the minority who are capable of thinking for themselves from being unduly inconvenienced by the majority who are not. Unfortunately, the ever-changing and illogical information currently coming from the startled sixth-former and his bunch of clowns means we are all at the mercy of the common sense of people who have no aptitude for using it.

Just by way of an illustration of the above, I popped into town this morning and managed to encounter four pieces of sheer imbecility before I'd even got to the shop I needed.

It started when I finally got into the multi-storey, which was unusually busy with cars queuing around the corner. The reason for this was not the high number of shoppers, as I first thought, but the fact that they had closed one of the two ticket barriers and the top two floors to 'aid social distancing'. How squeezing everyone into half the available space achieves this the predictably gormless attendant couldn't say.

Then to the enclosed walkway over the road from the car park to the shopping centre, throughout the length of which they had installed a one-way system with a central partition of retractable belts to keep people apart. The walkway is three metres wide, which means that with or without the partition you pass people coming the other way at exactly the same distance, making the entire exercise a complete waste of time. It was also nice to see that whatever budgetary restriction there are that prevent the council from fixing the roads or making sure the streetlights work don't extend to buying thousands of fatuous floor signs saying "Be smart - stay apart!"

Then to the entrance to the shopping centre, where an officious employee armed to the teeth with spray guns of hand sanitiser was standing next to a sign saying "We can only invite 136 customers into our store at any one time." When I asked him how many people were currently inside the store he didn't know, which made the whole thing utterly pointless, and I left him with the words "Sheer thoroughgoing asininity" hanging in the air.

Sixty seconds later I was at the escalator down into the shopping centre, at the top of which I was intercepted by another halfwit who informed me that to aid social distancing they had introduced a one way system on the escalators. "Well, that's a f*cking innovation, isn't it?" I said. "I suppose normally you're constantly struggling with people pushing past each other as they try going up and down the same escalator are you?"

Perhaps my tolerance for this brainless bullshit was already severely eroded by my attempt to get a pizza at Pizza Hut yesterday: the waitresses are happy to bring your food and drink to the table, but refuse to truckle with the notion of actually taking your order. Instead, you have to sit at the table with your mobile (which in my case necessitated a trip back to the car to get it) and then piss about for ten minutes with their stupid ordering and payment app, which in my case kept defaulting to the Pizza Hut a mile and a half away. In the end I gave up and walked out, and got lunch elsewhere.

:roll: