Scotland tour .

fastbob

You could fit that table in that bag and then in your tent? All on your bike? Wow!

It's a kind of magic .

One dream, one goal.

Although I love it , Highlander is at best a fairly ropey film but the Queen soundtrack lifts it to another level . The haunting Who Wants to Live Forever and the beautiful One Year of Love bring tears and goosebumps just thinking about them . I can't think of another film that has eight songs specially written for it that each stand on their own merits . I get so bored of Martin Scorsese just bunging in chunks of Stones songs etc. That's not a sound track . That's product placement .

Well you didn't think I was heating up beans on a gas stove did you ? 😁 Chicken Balmoral .

Was that meal made by a drunk, blind child with a cranial trauma? By Christ that looks disgusting. Doing veg like that should be punishable by prison - and the chicken appears as though it was a victim of a poultry serial killer.

@fastbob are you sure you're not Sport Billy :lol:

Glad you are having a great time :thumb:

Looks like the weather window has closed so I'm abandoning my goal of going to the far north and making my way from Kyle of Loch Alsh to the Red Squirrel campsight at Glen Coe . Unfortunately Ullapool campsite is closed to tents so there's nowhere to wait it out .

Screenshot_20200804-092510.thumb.png.6704e22565de341333caa68e7209d2aa.png

One dream, one goal.

Although I love it , Highlander is at best a fairly ropey film but the Queen soundtrack lifts it to another level . The haunting Who Wants to Live Forever and the beautiful One Year of Love bring tears and goosebumps just thinking about them . I can't think of another film that has eight songs specially written for it that each stand on their own merits . I get so bored of Martin Scorsese just bunging in chunks of Stones songs etc. That's not a sound track . That's product placement .

The farm stead for that bit was filmed on the old Road just over the hill from the waterfall as you drop down into glencoe

Day two . Abington to Morar . What a wonderful days riding . Got up and went to Abington services for a dreadful breakfast then just kept going right through Glasgow , up Loch Lomond , stopped at the Green Welly Stop , through Glen Coe , ignored Fort William and took the Road to the Isles to Camusdarach where I'm currently camped .

We went up to Glencoe and past the Green Welly Shop last Friday - albeit in a very uninspiring Citroen C3 rental car. We were most jealous of all the bikers we were pulling to the side to help pass as we were stuck behind yet another terribly slow erratic driver (they're everywhere up there, not just tourists as all the locals seem to have Arnold Clark stickers in the rear window to help identify them). I'm not an impatient driver but when someone is doing 38 in a 60 then brakes hard for a bend down to 25 then slowly accelerates back up to 38 it starts to grate after a while.

Then changed our mind on wanting to be on a bike a bit in the 7 mile traffic jam as a torrential thunderstorm suddenly hit us on our way back on the western shore of Loch Lomond - didn't look to be too much fun to be on a bike at that point.

Rain... nothing.

Just feel sorry for all the poor sods who were going to ride the Stelvio today, last night almost 9 inches of SNOW. but at least they managed to clear the road fairly early.

1837230122_Stelvio4august2020.thumb.jpg.87699c34de41beaa6966f441c4e22802.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Rain... nothing.

Just feel sorry for all the poor sods who were going to ride the Stelvio today, last night almost 9 inches of SNOW. but at least they managed to clear the road fairly early.

Stelvio 4 august 2020.jpg

Looks bloody nice covered in abit of white

Rain... nothing.

Stelvio 4 august 2020.jpg

In August :shock:

I've decided to stay another night in Glen Coe . The rain has actually stopped but I've no idea what's down the road . At least I can actually see the mountains now .

Guest Richzx6r

Some of the tents at Beinglas Farm campsite :shock: Screenshot_20200805-215829_Facebook.jpg

Did they not see the water :roll: fancy pitching up there

I would imagine the folk must have went for a hill walk and when they came back they saw their tents had flooded as if they were inside the tent overnight, there is no way they won't have felt the water getting higher, well unless they were sleeping on air mattress but surely they would have heard the rain hitting off the tent.