Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Not bike related but I just want to shout it out.

So had my Nissan Leaf booked for service at the local dealer at 9am

Got in the car 8.30 and set off, for a long time I never liked to be late for anything so I got there with 10min spare.

Just to be told that for a service that takes no more than 1hr I would have to leave the car and go back in the afternoon.

The idiot in the reception "forgot" to mention that there are "special" appointments for service while you wait and I would need to reschedule.

What brainless TW$£T thinks that customers have to know everything? Even better when isn't written anywhere.

Then she made an oblivious look like I was talking venusian when I asked how am I supposed to go home and get back to the car.

So, in fact I just wasted 45min and 20 miles and have to go back next week.

Can we nominate a group instead of an individual? :roll: :roll:

Booking.com: Spent two hours trying to find the least worst option in Blackpool for next year's punk festival. Found one, thought I'd check Google. First result has it listed for sale with an estate agent, second result has a picture of the owners driving off to a new life in Europe.

So I reckon knob of the day goes to, err, me for even contemplating going back to Blackpool.

Second vote for booking.com

I turned up with my family at the apartment/house let in Swansea after our afternoon at the Gower and it is no longer rented out and there are a family living there.

I ring customer services, get promised a phone call back in half an hour, two hours later I call back. They offer me a refund but because it was getting on so late I decided to go home meaning any ‘topping up’ the refund to pay for somewhere else was lost on me. Not even a proper apology.

Booking.com: Spent two hours trying to find the least worst option in Blackpool for next year's punk festival. Found one, thought I'd check Google. First result has it listed for sale with an estate agent, second result has a picture of the owners driving off to a new life in Europe.

So I reckon knob of the day goes to, err, me for even contemplating going back to Blackpool.

yea i only live half an hour away from the place and i wouldnt go

I think everyone should go to Blackpool once, which is probably once too many :cry:

To quote my daughter aged 10...

"It's like centre parks gone wrong..."

You just have to go once...

[mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] I'm purely guessing the caravans had their coming together before the bikes came along, I don't know the time frame as in had the caravans been blocking the road for a while or not.

[mention]rennie[/mention] thankfully not me, I saw it on a facebook post. I hate towing the van on narrow roads.

[mention]Stu[/mention] yes, my thoughts entirely

It's the bikes both lying down that puzzles me. Surely they must of been involved in an accident as why else would they be like that? :scratch:

The lead bike looks in contact with the broadside car but the one behind isn't touching anything, possibly the rider dropped it at the end of his emergency stop ?

[mention]Tankbag[/mention] glad it's not you involved. I did wonder if the bikes had rounded a bend and been unable to pull up in time.

We used to have a big wobbly white box and I hated towing it on narrow roads. When the kids left home we bought a tiny Eriba Puck which is a hoot. It's narrower than the car so no issues on rural lanes.

The day I come to power I'm piling all caravans into a heap (somewhere in Lincolnshire because it's shit) and putting a match to the lot.

Don't bother crying to me about it, I'm not listening. Benevolent dictators sometimes have to be less than benevolent for the common good.

I think everyone should go to Blackpool once, which is probably once too many :cry:

Went there twice.

First because I went to buy a car in Blackburn, second because I'm a knob...