Long Way Up

Tiggie

Charlie & Ewan are back, on Electric Bikes :shock:

13,000 miles in 100 days. Riding Harley Livewire Bikes that have been converted for off road use. They look bloody heavy!!

Starts on 18th September but only on Apple Tv for now :roll: I'm sure enterprising minds will find a way to watch if they wish :lol:

080320_Long_Way_Up_New_Original_Inline_Image_01_post_16_9.jpg.large.jpg.691dac3b3eed24bf51c8a15d557e5141.jpg

[mention]Throttled[/mention] Apple have said they will release 2/3 episodes on 18th Sept then release the rest on a weekly basis. You could just wait until all episodes have been released and then pay for 1 months subscription. Then you will have 30 days to watch them all :thumb:

Electric Harleys. Battery powered Harleys.

I just had to type that to see what it looked like. If it caused me even the slightest spark, the smallest hint of enthusiasm.

Didn’t

It’s on days like this that I really appreciate not owning a TV, despite the monthly letters from TV licensing and their only gently veiled threats of court action. Opening those letters is rather more exciting than the idea of this program. Can you tell how underwhelmed I am?

In fact, the most exciting thing I can think of is the reaction to this at BMW. What happened in the boardroom when news of this program broke.

Cue the Data from Star Trek insane laughter meme.

Charlie & Ewan are back, on Electric Bikes :shock:

13,000 miles in 100 days. Riding Harley Livewire Bikes that have been converted for off road use. They look bloody heavy!!

Starts on 18th September but only on Apple Tv for now :roll: I'm sure enterprising minds will find a way to watch if they wish :lol:

080320_Long_Way_Up_New_Original_Inline_Image_01_post_16_9.jpg.large.jpg

hope charlie gets eaten by a Lion.

..... 13,000 miles in 100 days. Riding Harley Livewire Bikes .....

I know people who could do 13,000 miles in 100 days on a pedal-powered bike with the kind of support entourage Ewan and Charlie get.

How enjoyable do you think they found it riding electric Harleys ? And how much were they paid ?

That sounds... Really boring! :lol:

Just has a quick squiz at the HD website. They state that (not using the special megatron charger) that it gives 15 km range for every hour it's charged with a range of 158 km.

That means they will be on charge 14 hours a day and with range as it is, that'll be split in two so it'll be a quick blast in the morning, charge up, back on the bike in the evening then bed.

Now we all know that manufacturer consumption figures are optimistic at best so unless they're lugging a huge generator or a load of spare batteries around, I call bullshit.

Ooosh, good timing, I just got a new iPhone so I have Apple TV for a year free.

Looking forward to this, loved Long way round. Thought the second one was good, but it went a bit sideways when Ewan's mrs joined, you could tell Charley was put out. I still watch them both yearly I reckon.

Ooosh, good timing, I just got a new iPhone so I have Apple TV for a year free.

Looking forward to this, loved Long way round. Thought the second one was good, but it went a bit sideways when Ewan's mrs joined, you could tell Charley was put out. I still watch them both yearly I reckon.

That was exactly what I thought about Way Down, it felt like the whole show was more catered to Ewan than Charley. I never understood at the time why she kept dropping the bike but now that I've ridden a motorbike and seen a GS in person, I know why! :lol:

Electric Harleys. Battery powered Harleys.

I just had to type that to see what it looked like. If it caused me even the slightest spark, the smallest hint of enthusiasm.

Didn’t

It’s on days like this that I really appreciate not owning a TV, despite the monthly letters from TV licensing and their only gently veiled threats of court action. Opening those letters is rather more exciting than the idea of this program. Can you tell how underwhelmed I am?

In fact, the most exciting thing I can think of is the reaction to this at BMW. What happened in the boardroom when news of this program broke.

Cue the Data from Star Trek insane laughter meme.

With gerontious on this. Haven't had a TV licence for 40 years nor TV either. Completely ignore threatening letters and never had a personal visit. Can't be arsed watching it, total dross from what I can see.

I am interested to see what they do to modify them for the trip.

They have pre-charged bikes ready for them at every checkpoint.

So it's formula e

Haha, I have no idea as I never read up on how they are going to do it, I just assumed that's how they may do it with the limited range those bikes would have.

I'm interested in finding out soon. :wink:

Lots of people have been prompted to travel through all sorts of remote countries on petrol powered adventure motorcycles due to the exploits of Ewan and Charlie, and a few others.

The latest adventure, using electric Harleys is nothing more than a PR stunt and I'll be astounded if anybody is encouraged to travel through remote / third world countries on such bikes. The cost and support necessary will mean it can't be done without the backing of a major manufacturer and a TV company.