Best Motorbike for hmmm overweight pillion

Craggles83

Hi all. So I'm looking for a bike in the 2k - 2.5k range that can carry a heavy pillion. Im 14 stone but the wife is 20 stone and 5'11. I really want to get in a position where we can go on long rides but what are people's experiences of riding with a 20 clem pillion and what bike is this price range is best. Thanks very much all in advance.

Believe it or not the Goldwing only had a carrying capacity of 190 Kg. You may have to buy a bike you like and have it sprung to suit.

Oh and by the way 20 Stone is 127 Kg.

Scratch that :lol:

Edited by dynax

Believe it or not the Goldwing only had a carrying capacity of 190 Kg. You may have to buy a bike you like and have it sprung to suit.

Oh and by the way 20 Stone is 127 Kg.

Oops so it is i was multiplying instead of dividing :oops: :lol:

I have taken an 18 st pillion on the back of the Kawasaki Versys 1000 with no issues. Between us the bike was carrying 34 st. Friends who between them weigh over 30 st have used the Versys 1000 for long trips with no issues. I had a hire of a Harley Road King and took the 18 st pillion on that quite happily. I thought the lower centre of gravity over the Versys would make a difference, but it was not noticeable.

Have had that weight as pillion on

FZ6 - not to comfortable.

TDM 900 - Didn't like twin vibration

Triumph Trophy 1200 - She likes.

A bit of shopping you can pick up a trophy for 1/2 the budget...