Put a lid on it!... or not?

Mack01

Guest Richzx6r

I would never ride on the road without a helmet!

I have occasionally ridden on a rally field/campsite without 1

That is different if you are at walking pace as in a rally setting and you have already taken off your lid then fair enough but for anything but that it's not an option

would always wear a lid, so should most of you on here for your own protection and safety and cause most of you are ugly twats that need to have there Swedes kept out of sight.

Don’t understand the Audi reference :scratch: :scratch:

No concern for others safety.

Not wearing a helmet is about your own safety not someone else’s, unless you are proposing that someone who chooses to not wear a helmet is more likely to take other risks that might put others in danger ... if so please provide your peer reviewed evidence / data to support your assertion.

There is of course this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_compensation (which I have a hunch from your post you already know about)

No concern for others safety.

Not wearing a helmet is about your own safety not someone else’s, unless you are proposing that someone who chooses to not wear a helmet is more likely to take other risks that might put others in danger ... if so please provide your peer reviewed evidence / data to support your assertion.

There is of course this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_compensation (which I have a hunch from your post you already know about)

I’m aware of that theory, although Wikipedia isn’t considered a reliable source, a bit more investigation may reveal a more reliable source.

I would ride without a helmet, but just local trips in the 30mph zone. I used to have a container at a yard and worked on bikes there and we would ride around without helmets. It is without a helmet that you realise how much even the best ones restrict your view.

Wikipedia was quick to link to. If you want to debate risk compensation theory I can (genuinely!) put you in touch with some researchers in the field.

Thanks for the offer, I’ve seen some research on this before ( I think via MAG ) it’s interesting stuff & goes a long way to explain the human attitudes to risk ( not withstanding the nutters who’s adrenaline threshold is beyond comprehension)

[mention]SometimesSansEngine[/mention]

Probably on the line of the helmet represents my mother and I'm scared to be outside without her.

Everything with Freud goes back to the mother :lol: :wink:

Strangely, I have had a semi recurring dream about riding without a lid and having to try and make it home without being caught by police :? :lol:

Your running from an issue in your life. Potentially one where you have been dishonest. You are afraid of being caught. You are aware of the obvious solution 'the crash helmet' so I suggest you come clean, deal with the problem and face your dishonesty head on.

Guest Richzx6r

Strangely, I have had a semi recurring dream about riding without a lid and having to try and make it home without being caught by police :? :lol:

Your running from an issue in your life. Potentially one where you have been dishonest. You are afraid of being caught. You are aware of the obvious solution 'the crash helmet' so I suggest you come clean, deal with the problem and face your dishonesty head on.

Could be that he lied to stu when he said he was a good mod :up:

Guest Richzx6r

I confess!!! I sabotaged @Six30 's campaign by plying Rennie with cider to sway his vote!! He should of been the mod, not me! oh the shame :crybaby: :crybaby:

Well at least that's cleared that up, but what could the consequences be now :scratch:

I'm now putting in a vote of no confidence :popcorn:

I confess!!! I sabotaged @Six30 's campaign by plying Rennie with cider to sway his vote!! He should of been the mod, not me! oh the shame :crybaby: :crybaby:

I dressed in a little black number , wore a bob style wig and let rennie call me Priscilla for a week....

and cider won him over ..fook sake :shock:

Well at least that's cleared that up, but what could the consequences be now :scratch:

I'm now putting in a vote of no confidence :popcorn:

could be a good sacking :shock:

I dressed in a little black number , wore a bob style wig and let rennie call me Priscilla for a week....

and cider won him over ..fook sake :shock:

I knew the fix was in.....it was obvious to everybody!

I was riding for 2 years before the law came in in 1973.......and occasionally I did ride without one.....usually to dry my long hair after washing it. But I never went more than a mile or so like that.

I remember going to work without a helmet on the day the law came in........because I'd forgotten about it. Went home that evening slipstreaming a slow moving lorry in case Plod was about.

But remember those days were nearly 50 years ago.....we lived in a different world then.

Motorcycle Safety was something that no one ever thought about......because if you look back at old vids you'll see plenty of people without helmets.

Anybody who would choose to ride without a helmet today (given the knowledge and awareness that exists now) is a danger to himself and everybody else.

Back in the 70's there were a hell of a lot less cars trying to squish us bikers and like you say safety was less thought of.

I was riding for 2 years before the law came in in 1973.......and occasionally I did ride without one.....usually to dry my long hair after washing it. But I never went more than a mile or so like that.

I remember going to work without a helmet on the day the law came in........because I'd forgotten about it. Went home that evening slipstreaming a slow moving lorry in case Plod was about.

But remember those days were nearly 50 years ago.....we lived in a different world then.

Motorcycle Safety was something that no one ever thought about......because if you look back at old vids you'll see plenty of people without helmets.

Anybody who would choose to ride without a helmet today (given the knowledge and awareness that exists now) is a danger to himself and everybody else.

Back in the 70's there were a hell of a lot less cars trying to squish us bikers and like you say safety was less thought of.

The best days!