Nob of the Day.......

Tango

That caravan picture just popped up on our local bikers Facebook page. Cue the typical - the bikes never stood a chance comment. Snag is so many road users seem to think it's fine to hurtle round a bend with no idea what's round the corner.

A friend's daughter hit a horse and then tried to make out it was the rider's fault for being round a blind bend.

That caravan picture just popped up on our local bikers Facebook page. Cue the typical - the bikes never stood a chance comment. Snag is so many road users seem to think it's fine to hurtle round a bend with no idea what's round the corner.

A friend's daughter hit a horse and then tried to make out it was the rider's fault for being round a blind bend.

It does look like the bikes were dropped from having to do an emergency stop whilst cornering. Slow in, fast out and trail braking are riding techniques for the track that work on country roads where you should assume the road is not clear round that bend.

At least everyone looks OK.

It does look like the bikes were dropped from having to do an emergency stop whilst cornering. Slow in, fast out and trail braking are riding techniques for the track that work on country roads where you should assume the road is not clear round that bend.

At least everyone looks OK.

Marks on caravan denote bike impacts handle bars etc

Southport, now you are talking, I love Southport.

I was born in Southport and I've every intention of never ever going there again. It was geriatric central 40 years ago so God knows what it's like now.

Nob of the day goes to the few GS riders on the way to work this morning. One was sitting on my arse so close I was scared to brake, even when I stopped at a set of lights his front wheel was 3 inches from my exhaust. The second almost took me out whilst filteting as I didn't appear to be going quick enough for him.

I thought these fecking L plates are meant to mean something. Really pissed me off.

Fish

I was born in Southport and I've every intention of never ever going there again. It was geriatric central 40 years ago so God knows what it's like now.

well before all this covid thing we used to go nearly every saturday night a couple of years ago and it was buzzing plenty of pubs and totty :cheers:

Nob of the day goes to the few GS riders on the way to work this morning. One was sitting on my arse so close I was scared to brake, even when I stopped at a set of lights his front wheel was 3 inches from my exhaust. The second almost took me out whilst filteting as I didn't appear to be going quick enough for him.

I thought these fecking L plates are meant to mean something. Really pissed me off.

Fish

Just ignore them or do what i do and start weaving about in the lane they soon back off :lol: :thumb:

L plates are like a red flag to nobheads I've always found :roll:

Brake testing them works well. Especially on a bike as you can just press your foot lightly on the rear and it usually turns the brake light on making them panic

Fish

Just ignore them or do what i do and start weaving about in the lane they soon back off :lol: :thumb:

That's what I used to do and still do if I'm on the bicycle 😂 they soon back off.

Dealing with cats or bikes to close is easy:

Ride unsteady,

Never constant speed,

Look over shoulder at them and look even more unsteady,

All natural actions of nervous rider.

When I commuted on a scooter I used to play this game with touring bikes. Then at first set of bends I rode 5 days a week they could rarely keep up. Next straight guess what....

I've a saucy story about Southport from my youth, but it's not really suitable here and it wouldn't sit right knowing that Six was fapping while reading it.

Failed the theory test this morning by 1 on the multiple choice. 42 out of 50, pass is 43. Hazard perception was a clean 60 out of 70.

Just booked again I cant take it again until October! How the feck is this an emergency booking. (I work for central government)

Fish

Some copper in an X5 this morning going into Coventry.

Driving to Cov B&Q in the M3, pulls up at a set of lights and the cop stops behind me.

Set off into a 50mph limit, so I accelerate normally up to about 45mph, car approaching the opposite way and X5 hoofs it past without blues and two's on.

Bit of a rash move I thought, maybe on a shout, but no I follow him into Coventry for about 3 miles at normal speed then stop behind him at a roundabout.

:? :?

Some copper in an X5 this morning going into Coventry.

Driving to Cov B&Q in the M3, pulls up at a set of lights and the cop stops behind me.

Set off into a 50mph limit, so I accelerate normally up to about 45mph, car approaching the opposite way and X5 hoofs it past without blues and two's on.

Bit of a rash move I thought, maybe on a shout, but no I follow him into Coventry for about 3 miles at normal speed then stop behind him at a roundabout.

:? :?

might have been trying to provoke a reaction, good job you stayed cool & smiled sweetly.

I got provoked by a road traffic policeman once, ended up with a slanging match in a lay-by - to be honest we were both acting like dick heads!!

Pretty much anyone who tries to buy a bike privately. Once this one is done and dusted I'll post a proper rant.

So, here it is..... I had similar when I sold my 125 back in the day.

List bike. Went to town with the photos and description (genuinely, it was like war and peace, but I know what I like when I browse bikes. 1,127 words. Think of it like a stamina test to see if you are really interested). Within 36 hours.....

Person 1) "Hi, is this still available? Interested". "Yes it is". Radio silence since.

Person 2) "I'll give you 38% less than you're asking in cash, no test ride etc". No, but feel free to reconsider your offer. (A look at their profile unsurprisingly shows they're into buying and selling bikes, so clearly they think there's profit to be made in this one)

Person 3) I'm in Kent and would have to arrange transport. But really happy with the photos and description. Can you give me a call on my mobile. Went to voicemail but he did call back. Had a good conversation with him, my initial fears that it could be dodgy were quickly put to bed. He said he'd get quotes over the weekend for transport but appreciated people were viewing, if any of them bought the bike then no hard feelings [not a nob]

Person 4) Very interested, but wanted a bike with fewer than 10k miles (mine is just above 14k). But my pictures, write up and the condition of the bike has caught his eye. Is there any movement on the price he asks. Well what was your thoughts on the price, I reply. He goes coy, and says we'll talk about that when he views the bike. My thoughts: don't ask if you don't have a negotiation price in mind. If you turn up asking for a mega discount it may just be a wasted journey for you, and if you think I'm going to feel pressured to accept then you may be in for a surprise. And some of those extras listed with the bike may come off if you're silly with the negotiation but still want the bike. Next day told him it had passed the MOT. Great news he said, what's the lowest you'll go? My response? I priced it against the market. Any change it price will have to be based on something.

Person 5) "Is this bike still available? Very interested". Yes it is, I say. Silence again

Person 6) "Is this bike...."... you guess the rest

Person 7) "Is this bike still available? And what's the lowest you're willing to go?". Yes it is, what's your thoughts on the price I ask. Silence.

Person 8) "Is this a motorbike?" Er... yes, according to the government I say. After a rant about not trusting anything the government say (thanks but I wasn't interested in a political debate) "i’d be interested but since you’re not taking a swap it would be a bit hard for me. If you’d consider a swap for an SV650S it would however be a bit more manageable." (Listing literally, not even figuratively, says not interested in a swap)

Person 9) [not a nob] Asks in the morning if it's available, arranges to come around that afternoon, buys bike. Nice and hassle free.

ANYHOO bike listed on Thursday, sold today for my asking price. Happy with that. I'm glad person 9 was a nice person (as sad as it sounds, I wanted it to go to a nice person. I'm going to really miss that bike)

But........

1. I'm happy to negotiate. But "what's the lowest you're willing to go" straight off the bat, hell without even viewing the bike, is just LAZY. I know some people will say "well don't sell a bike then" but come on, that's hardly realistic. Don't tell me it saves time. If you're going to ask for for a reduction give a reason. And it's not like any of these people were going to travel hours to view and potentially waste time with someone that won't budge an inch. They were local, within an hours travel.
  2. What is it with asking if something is available, then disappearing off the face of the earth? Is it just a boredom thing?
  3. Fecking swaps. At least this time it was just an SV650. Last time I sold a bike I was being offered alternative 125s, a quad bike etc.

This

YouTube really seems to mess my videos up.

You know if you can make the number out you can forward that to plod

Unfortunately cant make out the reg.

This

YouTube really seems to mess my videos up.

You know if you can make the number out you can forward that to plod

Unfortunately cant make out the reg.

Shame, my dashcam is goosed I really need to replace it.

I had a knob overtake me on double lines through the week, completely stupid manoeuvre the mind boggles