Scotland tour .

fastbob

If you have the chance/time I highly recommend that you do the A95 route from Stonehaven to Perth

Alternative and similarly good is the A97 from Huntly then A95 to Perth.

2 excellent routes.

A95.thumb.png.9ddb6435e87fe5444fc02b47e9041166.png

A97-A95.thumb.png.aa3f85c4e4c2c12bbd89fd1ed02687bf.png

If you have the chance/time I highly recommend that you do the A95 route from Stonehaven to Perth

Alternative and similarly good is the A97 from Huntly then A95 to Perth.

2 excellent routes.

Did Stonehaven years ago they had a sign saying birth place of the pneumatic tyre, Mr Thompson I believe, no mention of Mr Murdoch though.

Hello , wi fi is very patchy here . Still at Glen Coe . Water got in bike , switched itself on in the night and drained the battery . All sorted now . Had a great day riding up and down Glen Coe without the luggage . Scenery stunning in hot sunshine . Actually glad it happened or I would never have had this amazing experience . No pics , but will get some in the morning .

IMG_20200805_131138161.thumb.jpg.00007b251c383a8b059bfb91386fd4b0.jpg

Marvelous ride down through Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor then the inevitable rain from Tyndrum all way to the other side of Glasgow . I was going to nip across to the A1 / M1 again at Penrith but the A66 junction was at a standstill so I got back on the M6 and cained it all the way to the Stone turn off . Then I headed for Uttoxeter and picked up a nice road I know through Abbots Bromley to Lichfield and home . Despite being on the road all day I'm feeling pretty good the Harley took it all in its stride . I can't remember which Services this is but I've always loved this building . It's so Gerry Anderson !

IMG_20200807_173852781_HDR.thumb.jpg.6d9d66be2dd49e2dfc3ec002b9751604.jpg

Marvelous ride down through Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor then the inevitable rain from Tyndrum all way to the other side of Glasgow . I was going to nip across to the A1 / M1 again at Penrith but the A66 junction was at a standstill so I got back on the M6 and cained it all the way to the Stone turn off . Then I headed for Uttoxeter and picked up a nice road I know through Abbots Bromley to Lichfield and home . Despite being on the road all day I'm feeling pretty good the Harley took it all in its stride . I can't remember which Services this is but I've always loved this building . It's so Gerry Anderson !

It’s Lancaster Services Bob.

Always admired that structure.

forton near lancaster :) the top half of the building has not been used for years

forton near lancaster :) the top half of the building has not been used for years

Which is a great shame .

Which is a great shame .

i think it used to be a fancy restaurant Edited by skyrider

How could these have anything other than happier times ? I bet you could get a decent bit of Steak and Kidney Pie with proper veg and spuds up in that restaurant . None of your f*****g Macdonald's and Starbucks shit in those days .

Polish_20200808_200328502.png.4a5f23c4415d32fc25eb6b9e261eeb32.png

I think i have been there, i can remember going to Lancaster to see some family when i was very young maybe 7/8 and i am certain we went up there, don't remember eating but have vague recollections of looking out of the windows :D

I think i have been there, i can remember going to Lancaster to see some family when i was very young maybe 7/8 and i am certain we went up there, don't remember eating but have vague recollections of looking out of the windows :D

Could have been anywhere . I have spent a great deal of my life, including my education , looking out of windows . But now that I'm a Civil Servant , looking out of the window in the morning is not encouraged because it could leave one with nothing to do in the afternoon .