On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

RANT: Why is the average biker so aggresive.

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
125cc
Bike(s): Yamaha YS125
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: RANT: Why is the average biker so aggresive.

Post by 125cc » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:38 pm

Problem is not the bikers, it's people.

Plenty of aggressive car drivers, lorry drivers, bus drivers, cyclists, etc. Common theme... all people.

Some folk turn into psychos when in control of a vehicle and/or use it as an outlet for their various frustrations in life. If I'm brutally honest, I'm not entirely innocent. When I was younger I was involved in a road rage incident when I reacted (foolishly) to another aggressive driver. I was off work after a period of stress. In car with the Mrs., driving along at 40 in a 40, minding my own business. Red Megane appears at speed in my mirror and gets very close to the tailgate. Eventually gets so close I can't see any of his bonnet and just his windscreen. Can see the driver's getting irate, very irate. Indicated and pulled over, horn blares, windows down, obscenities yelled at us. As I say, I was stressed at the time and combined with the folly of relative youth I foolishly retaliated back. He slammed on the brakes ahead, more obscenity exchanged. I drove past and carried on. Ended up being chased down the road for a couple of miles with him all over my rear bumper then stopping at traffic lights with this very angry and overweight bloke trying to pull me out the car and fight me whilst manically shouting all sorts. We just locked the doors and ignored him with folk on street looking on in utter bemusement at this nutter's sheer aggression. Drove off sensibly at the green light and he went the other way at the junction. Thought about reporting it but I retaliated so what was the point? Lesson learned.

Now I just drive/ride sensibly and within the law, keep my own nose clean and let others do whatever they will, whilst myself remaining vigilant and on-guard against anyone else's unsafe driving. It's their neck if they want to risk it.
Perpetual 125cc Pilot. I'm slooooooow. Get over it :booty:

Mawsley
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 1783 times

Post by Mawsley » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:02 am

125cc wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:38 pm
Problem is not the bikers, it's people.

Plenty of aggressive car drivers, lorry drivers, bus drivers, cyclists, etc. Common theme... all people.
This.

People are c@nts.

winston smith
Bike(s): TDM850 - 4tx
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by winston smith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:14 pm

There are some really interesting viewpoints here.
I'm on the road about 10-12 hours a day, so I think I get to see the best and worst of road users.

Going back to the OP, I wonder if the other biker had been cut off, raged, etc within the last mile or two and the rider was still internally growling about it. Sometimes it's hard to let go, calm down and move on when the adrenaline kicks in.

I think the bigger problem is that almost everyone is impatient, short tempered, aggressive, territorial and rude in their everyday lives - and twice as bad as soon as they get on the road.
And I think it'll get worse - the younger generation now seem to be all " me, me, me, screw everyone else"

James in Brum
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 491 times

Post by James in Brum » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Interesting idea the younger generation are al me me me. The middle generation all benefited from free education being available, house prices in relation to earnings that made this feasible, then removed those privileges and complain about you people. Yawn
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 2380 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:58 pm

To be honest most of the aggressive driving I see is older people who can afford expensive cars. The sense of entitlement is strong in these idiots.

Sure there are younger drivers whose inexperience makes them unaware of the risks but there's a difference between stupidity and downright arrogance.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

dynax
Subscriber
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Has liked: 2346 times
Been liked: 1336 times

Post by dynax » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:52 pm

You can't blame any specific gender or generation, there are good and bad drivers across the whole spectrum, i have been a passenger in cars driven by very competent people but given a situation and they turn into demons :lol: :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

Throttled
Subscriber
Bike(s): Versys 1000 GT
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 504 times

Post by Throttled » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Some of the science behind road rage;

Audiophile/biker/sceptic

Return to “Motorbike Chat”