What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

I don't have a bike at the moment so.....

Washed Magpie84's bike (yes I was that bored and still in the bargaining stage of grief) and really tackled some of the built up road grime that the previous owner had let live on it in the hard to reach bits. Finally mastered getting the damn thing on and off its centre stand - once you've worked out the exact technique which works for that bike you're OK but it took a while.

Washed Magpie84's bike (yes I was that bored and still in the bargaining stage of grief) and really tackled some of the built up road grime that the previous owner had let live on it in the hard to reach bits. Finally mastered getting the damn thing on and off its centre stand - once you've worked out the exact technique which works for that bike you're OK but it took a while.

This is why you need at least two bikes, if you sell or one is out of action you have another to ride :thumb:

This is why you need at least two bikes, if you sell or one is out of action you have another to ride :thumb:

this is what will be happening at skyrider towers in the near future, the serow is sorned and the virus is again hitting preston big style so probably might leave the yam off the road for a bit longer and over winter will start looking for a second steed :thumb: ps a long time ago a bike mechanic told me that only triumph had the secret of putting a bike easily on it's centre stand :scratch:

ps a long time ago a bike mechanic told me that only triumph had the secret of putting a bike easily on it's centre stand :scratch:

What I discovered (eventually) with this one is.... stand to left of centre stand, hand on engine crash bar (NOT handlebar), weight on right leg and pull up and pivot your weight to rear of bike (so your bum does 180 degrees). It hangs momentarily then finally drops onto the stand. Like it's thinking about it.

Holding onto the bars just seems not to work well, and it's easy to think you haven't quite got it if you don't keep on it for that extra second.

It's then a bit of a pig to get off, probably linked to that extra second it thinks about it (guessing the shape of the foot or something), but I'm sure I'll work that one out as well.

ps a long time ago a bike mechanic told me that only triumph had the secret of putting a bike easily on it's centre stand :scratch:

What I discovered (eventually) with this one is.... stand to left of centre stand, hand on engine crash bar (NOT handlebar), weight on right leg and pull up and pivot your weight to rear of bike (so your bum does 180 degrees). It hangs momentarily then finally drops onto the stand. Like it's thinking about it.

Holding onto the bars just seems not to work well, and it's easy to think you haven't quite got it if you don't keep on it for that extra second.

It's then a bit of a pig to get off, probably linked to that extra second it thinks about it (guessing the shape of the foot or something), but I'm sure I'll work that one out as well.

I'm told it's easier for heavier folks :seeya:

Guest Richzx6r

I put 270 miles under my belt with a good ride out in the lakes with a few local friends, was out from around 9am till 19.30 so out all day, ended up doing the hartsopp pass, kirkstone pass then the wrynose and the hardknott pass

I never want to do the last two passes again on a bike they are bloody awful especially on a sports bike but apart from that I really enjoyed the day out

We did have two bikes, one just happens to be mine and I'm not going to stop him washing it :angel12: :lol:

Brakes bled front and rear using my syringe to "vacuum" bleed the semi dry system.

Carbs temp put together, oil pumped round and checked sparks on the Z500 rebuild. All good, installed cards minus air box and fresh fuel and Vroom.

fast idle for 10 mins in 2 bursts.

oil out, valve cover off and sump off for final checks.

Need to replate the small carb screws this week and then go through the frame check list.

Not long now, aim for 1 sept Tax.

741145284_bleeding2.thumb.JPG.edb7d693fa1d4b9cac5f393031631870.JPG1271719833_floatsfitted.thumb.JPG.c3314cccf8c29655dbf12540031628cd.JPG

Rob B

786482997_carbandrbrakebits.thumb.JPG.1c99b3ecf05d92ff720285a2b10ac7cd.JPG

Made an interesting discovery, every so often the back wheel on the CG would lock up and i couldn't figure out what it was, so after dinner i took the bottom half of the chain guard off and was checking to make sure there was enough play in the chain, and the brakes were set right and no binding, then i found it, it is the centre stand when it is partially lowered it locks the whole drive train, when its up everything is fine as is when the bike is on it properly, it's just that halfway point where it won't move :thumb:

Also been and bought some ATF for the Rizzato and bought some new pedals from evilbay, still looking for a suitable fuel tap though :thumb:

Rode it to the dealer in full leathers (atgatt yo), almost melted.

IMG_20200811_105824_801.thumb.jpg.ef652365a8b88c33cdbe5a8edc6f72fe.jpg

New tyre fitted - £200 😬

I went rock climbing whilst I waited which was very warm then I rode home. Even more almost melted.

IMG_20200811_105824_801.jpg

New tyre fitted - £200 😬

I went rock climbing whilst I waited which was very warm then I rode home. Even more almost melted.

Chicken strips on that :shock:

:lol: :lol:

IMG_20200811_105824_801.jpg

New tyre fitted - £200 😬

Nice, that sticks to road like glue :thumb:

Pick it up off me

A06300D8-3A5D-418C-9947-946C64B693C0.jpeg

oops!!

Are you both ok?

Cheers

Ian

316102C8-9F98-4CE5-925A-7FB5263677A9.thumb.png.e6fa70cd5830b5d81ef5db8068406cfb.png

Walking hurts. Doing nothing hurts. And knowing that (at least) the clutch lever is broken hurts more than the first two combined.

I stopped at a Travelodge on the way back from Devon.

Parked the bike in the special m/c bays here:

20200811_082644.thumb.jpg.5441a64cf5555216a7f1d56942829e39.jpg

At least, this is what the bays looked like in the morning.

Reported it stolen and came home by train. :roll: