help please

keeway2018

keeway superlight 125cc 2018, problem after problem, latest one the bike starts first time everytime will start my journey will ride fine for 10 minutes or so then will slowly lose power untill it finally cuts out, will start again but not move off, ive removed the front break caliper and one of the pota is not engaging (middle one) so possibly an air lock however im unsure if this would be the cause to make the bike just lose throttle power and stall, engine and exhaust extremely hot so any advice before i spend lots on a cheap bike would be appreciated

It sounds like a bucket of trouble that one.

The power loss could be due to a dirty carburetor.

It seems that isn't only an engine problem but you could be having issues with clutch/gearbox.

Brakes issues it should be solved by a complete overhaul of the system. if you try to solve just one side of it means that you will have no idea what is on the rest.

125 brake system is simple enough for you to only need a couple hours emptying it, cleaning and reassemble. Use brand new brake fluid as recommended and you should be problem free.

Play attention to seals in pistons and any rust that would have formed inside the calipers.

Last time I changed the brake fluid on my ST1300 only took me 1 day but my system is far more complicated and I not only replaced the fluid but also wash the whole system with methylated alcohol, took apart all 3 calipers, front and rear pumps, intermediate pump and CBS system.

Don't cut corners because they will come and bite you ;)

If it's a fuel injected model run it for a bit with the petrol tank cap off, it might have airlocked the system somewhere, i have heard of similar issues and this seemed to resolve it :thumb:

If it's a fuel injected model run it for a bit with the petrol tank cap off, it might have airlocked the system somewhere, i have heard of similar issues and this seemed to resolve it :thumb:

Wouldn't that mean the fuel vent hose is blocked?

Wouldn't that mean the fuel vent hose is blocked?

don't know for sure, just what i have read on other forums :thumb:

I think it has a carb on it. https://bikez.com/motorcycles/keeway_superlight_2018.php

Very hot suggests it's lean. You could try giving it full choke. If it runs better with choke it means it's lean from not enough fuel. When it cuts out you could open the drain screw on the carb bowl and see if there's petrol in the carb bowl. If there's no petrol or very little it could be caused by a blocked vent on the tank as was said, or a blocked fuel filter or faulty fuel cut off tap or faulty float valve in the carb or blocked carb.

Bike engines do run hot so do you know it's hotter that usual or just assuming it's overheating?

Look at the colour of the spark plug tip, that will tell you a lot about what's ton. Post a photo on here.

If it is running lean then check for air leaks in the intake.