Restricted bikes Petition (new biker experience)

Sarriea101

:shock: that's just madness, I understand that some arent a problem but 85% of new drivers still can't really drive so I do think that it should be a blanket standard that if you are a new driver you are not allowed to get anything over 1L

I agree on the bike restrictions but I dont think 1l for a car is required, the majority of learners now move onto 1.1/1.2l Clio’s C1’s etc. And the majority are fine, a 1.9 diesel vectra isn’t exactly a flying machine. Or look at me and my friends, my first car was a 2.5td with a mighty 85bhp, my best friend had a straight 6 4l engine with a mind blowing 140bhp. (Land Rover and some old jeep thing)

If a restriction is to be placed on cars a more sensible measure would be based on 0-60 times rather than engine or power basis?

Just imagine not having the power to overtake someone jogging, to overtake road cyclists and not only that not being able to overtake cars that are driving disturbingly. Most importantly, having a restricted 50cc gives you nowhere near enough power to get yourself out of bad and dangerous situations when you need too. UK 16-year-olds often feel forced to break the law by de-restricting their 50cc motorbikes just so they can feel safe out and about.

Lol, I literally don't agree with this argument at all. Have you actually done a case study on this with fellow 16 year olds?

It's mental that a 17 year old can pass a test and drive a high powered vehicle later the same day.

My Wifes Younger Brother Got a 1.6 Fiesta ST at 17. Would brag to me all the time about him and his mates racing on the bypass going +100mph. He had two crashes in the first year that we actually know about, I'm betting he had other shunts and bumps he kept quiet. If he had been on a motorbike of the same power output I am absolutely confident he would be dead.

How in earth did he get insured at 17 with two accidents !! His premiums must have been more that the value of the car 🤣

[mention]Spongefinger[/mention] I truly shudder to think :shock: His mum was paying though :roll:

My Eldest daughters boyfriend got a 1.2 corsa as his first car at 19 and that was £2800 for the first year :shock: :shock: Quite proud of the lad though as after monitoring his black box data for 3 months they took a pretty big chunk off his premium

@Spongefinger I truly shudder to think :shock: His mum was paying though :roll:

My Eldest daughters boyfriend got a 1.2 corsa as his first car at 19 and that was £2800 for the first year :shock: :shock: Quite proud of the lad though as after monitoring his black box data for 3 months they took a pretty big chunk off his premium

It amazes me what some parents do. I know of someone who twice took the blame for thier 17 year old sons speeding racking up points and fines just to keep thier kid on the road driving like an idiot 🤦

Reminds me of the mum whose Corsa engine failed whilst her 17 year old son was driving it. She insisted he was a careful and safe driver. When the ECU was checked it showed the engine had failed exceeding the red line. So either sonny boy accidentally stomped on the throttle in neutral or he was giving it some beans when it let go

The youngster has a point since I have escaped death by dopey idiots in their company car drivers more times by accelerating than braking. There are also too many poorly sighted middle-aged maniacs suited up on sports bikes, thinking they are invulnerable with only 5 days experience. If the test and process was seriously stringent then it would not matter about age.

Anyone under 25 should be restricted to not leaving their homes at any time. At 25 they should have to pass a series of tests to ensure they have a minimum of sense before being allowed out into decent society.

:lol: :lol:

I have a simple rule I'd like to see passed into legislation. Anyone more than five years younger than me is too irresponsible and stupid to be allowed on the roads, and anyone more than five years older is clearly past it and should have their licence revoked. This of course is a rolling figure that goes up in tandem with my own age.

I have a simple rule I'd like to see passed into legislation. Anyone more than five years younger than me is too irresponsible and stupid to be allowed on the roads, and anyone more than five years older is clearly past it and should have their licence revoked. This of course is a rolling figure that goes up in tandem with my own age.

I'm going to assume that you are also going to propose a second bit of legislation to do with speed limits - anyone going slower than you is a dawdling fool lacking confidence so needs their licence revoked, and anyone going faster than you is a reckless nutter with a death wish who needs their licence revoked...?

I'm going to assume that you are also going to propose a second bit of legislation to do with speed limits - anyone going slower than you is a dawdling fool lacking confidence so needs their licence revoked, and anyone going faster than you is a reckless nutter with a death wish who needs their licence revoked...?

Goes without saying.

UK 16-year-olds often feel forced to break the law by de-restricting their 50cc motorbikes just so they can feel safe out and about.

Firstly, I'm 100% calling BS that it's to feel safe - I'm guessing you have completely forgotten to take into account that we were all 16 once and know the sort of things we got up to and the reasons we did it. If you are looking for support on this front then that's a fail.

Secondly, the fact that you (16 year olds, not you personally as I don't know you from Adam) are breaking the law by derestricting a 50cc and thus not riding in accordance with you license and invalidating your insurance is an incredibly poor argument to put forward to gain support for this, and if anything indicates a lack of maturity and sense - you know, the kind of things required to use faster vehicles.

I would also suggest you go and read the highway code, particularly the bits that cover what to do if someone is driving too close or aggressively near you, I can tell you now though - it isn't overtake them. I don't think I've ever driven a car that won't top 45 so I'm not entirely sure how far you think you will get anyway.

Seriously, if you want to push this forward then start by coming up with a plan for better training than the CBT, show willingness to learn, and some common sense! The fact you want to put a petition in that starts with 'yeah we know the law but f*ck it' shows you need to have a major rethink.

P.S:

"Upon winning the case the motorbiking community will be able to relax and calm down from this"

What the actual?!?! :lol: