What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

I stopped at a Travelodge on the way back from Devon.

Parked the bike in the special m/c bays here:

20200811_082644.jpg

At least, this is what the bays looked like in the morning.

Reported it stolen and came home by train. :roll:

I would get onto their facebook page and give them a good fekking off for not providing adequate securing points, even Sainsbury's have decent metal hoops to chain your bikes to :shock:

20200811_082644.jpg

That's horrible. Hope you get it sorted without any stress. Any chance of CCTV in the car park or anything useful?

20200811_082644.jpg

I was going to like your post- then thought it is not something to like. I'd be absolutely gutted, I hope the scrote who pinched it end up in a wall.

That's horrible. Hope you get it sorted without any stress. Any chance of CCTV in the car park or anything useful?

Ta!

The cctv covers the parked cars, but it doesn't reach the the m/c bays.

But even if it did, the police aren't really interested. Can't blame them really, they've got more important things on their plates than trying to find posh gits' bikes.

20200811_082644.jpg

Gutted [mention]bonio[/mention] hope you get sorted quickly

20200811_082644.jpg

Which Travelodge was it? .. So we know to avoid it!

Had cars stolen so I feel your pain.

Cheers guys. Makes me feel better :D

It was the Travelodge at Thurrock West. With hindsight, not a good choice. The car park was well lit. But it never dawned on me that I was in London.

No reviews of stolen motorcycles there, although one person says they had 12k worth of tool half inched by a man with a van.

20200811_082644.jpg

That’s not good. Hope everything gets sorted quickly. :twisted:

Probably cruise around in a van and just lift anything that looks likely. Can I say Pikeys?

You can. But my experience of thievery in Essex was that it is more likely to be a bunch of shithead 1%ers in a transit van.

Drained the engine oil over night and replaced it this morning with 4 litres of Castrol Power 1. 10w-30

left both filters untouched as per schedule. (2 oil filters) it also has 2 drain bolts... did the front one first and the oil gushed. when i came to do the rear one i wasn't expecting much, but that one gushed too. Is having 2 drains usual these days? I know having 2 filters is peculiar enough.

First filter is normal, the second refilters the oil before it flows into the Clutches.

finished off the rest of the checks.. crankcase breathers were all spotless.

Anyway.. thats the 8,000 mile service done. a bit early at 6,000. But the engine is going to be worked hard in a couple of weeks time.

20200811_082644.jpg

Shit......that's bad news!

That's all I seem to see on FaceButt these days.....nicked bikes in Britain.

20200811_082644.jpg

Sorry for your loss mate . Exactly which Travel lodge was it ?

Made an interesting discovery, every so often the back wheel on the CG would lock up and i couldn't figure out what it was, so after dinner i took the bottom half of the chain guard off and was checking to make sure there was enough play in the chain, and the brakes were set right and no binding, then i found it, it is the centre stand when it is partially lowered it locks the whole drive train, when its up everything is fine as is when the bike is on it properly, it's just that halfway point where it won't move :thumb:

Also been and bought some ATF for the Rizzato and bought some new pedals from evilbay, still looking for a suitable fuel tap though :thumb:

That's because the back brake pedal is on the same shaft as the stand and the whole lot is invariably rust- welded solid . On many of my CG restorations I used to give up trying to free it and angle grind it off altogether . You don't really need two stands on a CG .

Made an interesting discovery, every so often the back wheel on the CG would lock up and i couldn't figure out what it was, so after dinner i took the bottom half of the chain guard off and was checking to make sure there was enough play in the chain, and the brakes were set right and no binding, then i found it, it is the centre stand when it is partially lowered it locks the whole drive train, when its up everything is fine as is when the bike is on it properly, it's just that halfway point where it won't move :thumb:

Also been and bought some ATF for the Rizzato and bought some new pedals from evilbay, still looking for a suitable fuel tap though :thumb:

That's because the back brake pedal is on the same shaft as the stand and the whole lot is invariably rust- welded solid . On many of my CG restorations I used to give up trying to free it and angle grind it off altogether . You don't really need two stands on a CG .

It only has a centre stand :lol: :thumb: