New bike .

fastbob

I'll move this to Old Bikes and Restorations but I thought I'd share my new bike with everyone . I was so impressed with my little ER5 that I have decided to get another one . It's mainly for something to do but I fancy doing some more long distance touring on this one .

received_745938079533906.thumb.jpeg.cd1c81ef3bf4b003ab8d24b8652e47b1.jpeg

Looks like a few others there as well. Hope you got it at a decent price. I've been looking for a project but they all seem to be asking silly money for wrecks.

£350

The Harley is just that bad eh?

Someone had to :lol:

Does it come with massive/superb crash bars??

The Harley is great thanks but it's not ideal for single track roads . I've always wanted to go to the Outer Hebrides on a motorcycle and an ER5 is the ideal bike for me .

The Harley is great thanks but it's not ideal for single track roads . I've always wanted to go to the Outer Hebrides on a motorcycle and an ER5 is the ideal bike for me .

I don't believe they're the most floaty of motorbikes

It's not so much the suspension , it's having to constantly feather the clutch to ride at low speed . There's a lot of momentum in a V Twin flywheel .

It's not so much the suspension , it's having to constantly feather the clutch to ride at low speed . There's a lot of momentum in a V Twin flywheel .

I’m thinking more of the journey from Scotland to the islands. :lol:

I’m thinking more of the journey from Scotland to the islands. :lol:

Oh , I see . I don't fancy being at sea for five hours with the Harley secured by nothing but a filthy ratchet strap over the seat if I'm honest .

Its had a hard life by the mot history .. worrying part is the corrosion side hopefully its nothing severe .

If you need a low seat for the er5 there is one for sale locally to me for £25

It'll be fine once he replaces the engine, suspensions, granny and subframe.

Its had a hard life by the mot history .. worrying part is the corrosion side hopefully its nothing severe .

If you need a low seat for the er5 there is one for sale locally to me for £25

It'll be fine once he replaces the engine, suspensions, granny and subframe.

I think bob may have taken on too much, I don't think he was expecting it to come with a granny.

Well I got the thing home but it was such a struggle getting it in the car in this heat that it can stay there until the morning . At first glance , everything is there but it's well neglected . I've got my work cut out but that's the whole point of the exercise .

Polish_20200812_181437447.thumb.jpg.6841096fde55b63bbac9bc3d8987cc97.jpg

Well I got the thing home but it was such a struggle getting it in the car in this heat that it can stay there until the morning . At first glance , everything is there but it's well neglected . I've got my work cut out but that's the whole point of the exercise .

Blimey, I’d never have thought of sticking it in the back of the car. Makes my back ache just thinking of it.