A bit lighter bike

fifthwheel

Hi all I am riding a 2003 Fazer Foxeye 600. I am in my mid seventies and am finding the bike a bit heavy.

Its only 180kg so not a heavy bike as bikes go but would like a bit lighter machine.

I love the bike and am prepared to stick with it but open to suggestions for alternatives.

I wouldnt mind going down to a 250 as I dont ride very fast but I do like the acceleration and power

the Fazer gives. Ive done a bit of research but nothing jumps out at me as suitable as a lot of less powered bikes

are just as heavy as the bike I have.

I am not too bothered about being the first away from the lights but dont want to look stupid

having to tuck back in every time either.

Maybe what Im looking for doesnt exist. PS Dont want Chinese or Italian. Thanks John.

I wouldn’t mind any modern day Ducati, those are modern myths about maintenance and quality.

One nice Diavel I wouldn’t mind

Sorry but after owning a modern Ducati I can attest that they’re not quite myths, build quality is fine but not quite up there with a Japanese bike, servicing is more expensive but isn’t more often and they seem to be engineered not quite as well.

If I was going Italian again I’d go for the Aprilia.

I owned Ducati, Monster 620, got it immediately after they came on market. I was furious about it and sold it after just year and half. Dropping parts along the way, electric problems, all the time something. After I sold it I said never again.

Than friend of mine got Multistrada pikes peak in 2012 Since then he covered 60000 miles. Regular service and nothing else, never ever any problem. Maybe is that particular bike, maybe he is lucky bast*rd, but I can here more and more satisfied Ducati owners.

At the end Ducati is the premium brand where you pay that name :thumb:

I wouldn’t mind any modern day Ducati, those are modern myths about maintenance and quality.

One nice Diavel I wouldn’t mind

Sorry but after owning a modern Ducati I can attest that they’re not quite myths, build quality is fine but not quite up there with a Japanese bike, servicing is more expensive but isn’t more often and they seem to be engineered not quite as well.

If I was going Italian again I’d go for the Aprilia.

I owned Ducati, Monster 620, got it immediately after they came on market. I was furious about it and sold it after just year and half. Dropping parts along the way, electric problems, all the time something. After I sold it I said never again.

Than friend of mine got Multistrada pikes peak in 2012 Since then he covered 60000 miles. Regular service and nothing else, never ever any problem. Maybe is that particular bike, maybe he is lucky bast*rd, but I can here more and more satisfied Ducati owners.

At the end Ducati is the premium brand where you pay that name :thumb:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not bashing Ducati, I loved mine!, it’s just some things like a lot of recalls and quality issues like the tft screen/clocks cracking I didn’t like so much, oh and the clutch and the heat!.

Overall I’m glad I made the switch to an R1M, sure it doesn’t look quite as good but it’s much easier to live with and it sounds better :mrgreen: .

I would strongly recommend an ER5 . Marvelous little bikes that just keep going .

This looks like a decent buy? ... https://www.gumtree.com/p/kawasaki-motorbikes/-kawasaki-er5-2003-498-cc-/1380590166

Priced about right . I'm buying one for £350 tomorrow but I want something to work on over the winter .