Fancy a Summer Holiday in Spain?

XTreme

I'm still waiting for the storm to hit here. Originally forecast at 23:00 Monday and nothing yet :crybaby:

Not much rain but in Coventry we've had spectacular high altitude lightning two nights running .

We've got yellow warnings and heavy thunderstorms forecast for 3pm. Its currently 27º and not a cloud in the sky :roll:

We have a local weather enthusiast who posts daily forecasts and weather summaries on Facebook and is usually pretty accurate. He explained at the start of the week the climatic conditions the UK is under and how this only leads to two things: (1) we know there will be big storms; (2) but until they happen so many factors will influence WHERE they hit it's impossible to predict the location. But he did say it would be a jolly big bang wherever they land. Hence why we have such a wide ranging (pretty much UK wide) yellow warning, which has just been extended to Monday.

All week he's been posting up videos of the high level cloud formations to show what is happening in the atmosphere to influence below, and why this will lead to the massive thunderstorms.

For the avoidance of doubt, normally when he's confident on a forecast, even a few days out, he says it and 99% of the time it's accurate. But on this one it was a "you may see nothing, whereas just a few miles away sees localised flooding, but I can't tell you where those places will be"

I just need to play attention to my joints to know it's coming.

Happens to all us oldies :P

Yeah, only gets better with plenty of cod liver oil capsules and smoe devil's claw ;)

Not to mention Iberian holidays, but NHS doesn't pay for those.

Guest Richzx6r

I just need to play attention to my joints to know it's coming.

Yeah, only gets better with plenty of cod liver oil capsules and smoe devil's claw ;)

Can I class myself as old being 35 tomorrow? :scratch:

Of course you can kid :P

you're only as old as you feel :D

Guest Richzx6r

In which case I'm getting on for dead :thumb:

Absolutely not ! Try being 60 .

Guest Richzx6r

If I feel like this at 35 then just bring me the coffin now.....I'm a total cripple

Guest Swagman

I must be 125 in that case :shock:

If I feel like this at 35 then just bring me the coffin now.....I'm a total cripple

Well if you will ride in a fetal position when you could be cruisin on a Harley ......

Guest Swagman

I was going to come out with a joke about being learner legal but it was impossible to make it appropriate :shock:

If my bones get much stiffer I’ll have to get a learner legal 125cc for the lightness of them. :D :D

Get to 66......then you're really in the zone!

But I don't let it stop me doing anything.......the only things that clip my wings are work and extreme heat.

Both contributed to put the kybosh on last weekend's trip to this bizarre location!

lg.thumb.jpg.ae381aa64a891c4775232c764c2c9ae6.jpg

But this weekend it could be a goer! Got to be.......I may not make it to the weekend after next.

I was going to come out with a joke about being learner legal but it was impossible to make it appropriate :shock:

If my bones get much stiffer I’ll have to get a learner legal 125cc for the lightness of them. :D :D

It's an unfortunate consequence of inferior English DNA [mention]Swagman[/mention].

Never mind......I'm sure you're still a mover and a shaker in the Old Folks Home!

laugiphy.gif.5342ffc0c971b27d3f737a0fe2465fe3.gif

Guest Swagman

It's an unfortunate consequence of inferior English DNA @Swagman.

Never mind......I'm sure you're still a mover and a shaker in the Old Folks Home!

Yeah guess you’re right there are some real geriatric gits here . :D