What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Made an interesting discovery, every so often the back wheel on the CG would lock up and i couldn't figure out what it was, so after dinner i took the bottom half of the chain guard off and was checking to make sure there was enough play in the chain, and the brakes were set right and no binding, then i found it, it is the centre stand when it is partially lowered it locks the whole drive train, when its up everything is fine as is when the bike is on it properly, it's just that halfway point where it won't move :thumb:

Also been and bought some ATF for the Rizzato and bought some new pedals from evilbay, still looking for a suitable fuel tap though :thumb:

That's because the back brake pedal is on the same shaft as the stand and the whole lot is invariably rust- welded solid . On many of my CG restorations I used to give up trying to free it and angle grind it off altogether . You don't really need two stands on a CG .

It only has a centre stand :lol: :thumb:

Why ? https://images.app.goo.gl/Pb8aFx1wkeTXxhi57

Guest Swagman

That's horrible. Hope you get it sorted without any stress. Any chance of CCTV in the car park or anything useful?

Ta!

The cctv covers the parked cars, but it doesn't reach the the m/c bays.

But even if it did, the police aren't really interested. Can't blame them really, they've got more important things on their plates than trying to find posh gits' bikes.

Yeah more important things like speed traps. :D :D

That's because the back brake pedal is on the same shaft as the stand and the whole lot is invariably rust- welded solid . On many of my CG restorations I used to give up trying to free it and angle grind it off altogether . You don't really need two stands on a CG .

Some models only have a centre stand, i have looked into replacing the footpeg bar with one to accommodate a sidestand, none avaolable on wemoto, have thought about welding a suitable lug onto the existing, but for all the messing it's no issue just using the centre stand :thumb:

Some models only have a centre stand, i have looked into replacing the footpeg bar with one to accommodate a sidestand, none avaolable on wemoto, have thought about welding a suitable lug onto the existing, but for all the messing it's no issue just using the centre stand :thumb:

A Chinese look a like would fit the holes on the bottom of the engine .

Paid for this

IMG_20200812_160936.jpg

New side door to compliment the roller shutter garage door!

I think I need to go back to work to pay for all this :lol:

I feel your pain, I've just parted with a healthy wedge for some new garage trinkets.

The wife is not amused! :lol:

Paid for this

IMG_20200812_160936.jpg

New side door to compliment the roller shutter garage door!

I think I need to go back to work to pay for all this :lol:

I feel your pain, I've just parted with a healthy wedge for some new garage trinkets.

The wife is not amused! :lol:

You won't be saying that when you find out the cost :D

She already knows - it's more the size of it that's the problem, I've been getting rid of stuff for a while now and I'm still going to have to re-jig all my stuff.

I might even have to get rid of a bike. :shock:

She already knows - it's more the size of it that's the problem, I've been getting rid of stuff for a while now and I'm still going to have to re-jig all my stuff.

I might even have to get rid of a bike. :shock:

Guess you have bought the lathe?

Oh and I was talking about the price I paid for my new acquisitions :lol: I was actively encouraged to buy my new roller shutter door and new steel side door :lol:

Well, they wrote it off. Mixed feeing really. I loved that bike and spent a great deal of time keeping it in tip top shape. On the otherwise, I would never truly be happy on a bike that’s had such a whack on the frame/forks.

Nothing I really like at the moment apart from the Streetfighter V4S and I’m in no position to be dropping 25k on a motorbike.

Think I may hold fire to see if the 2021 S1000R gets released

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/rumour-2021-bmw-s1000r-redesigned/#&gid=1&pid=2

On a more positive note, I’ve been riding around on a Honda CB1000R. Surprised at how much I’m enjoying it. It’s a soulless little thing, makes less noise than a gentle breeze but it’s just nice to ride. Adjusting to life without a quick shifter has taken some doing, though!!

Oh and I was talking about the price I paid for my new acquisitions :lol: I was actively encouraged to buy my new roller shutter door and new steel side door :lol:

Close, It's a milling machine.

Got to schlep down to Portsmouth to stick it on a pallet for the haulage guys. 6 hour round trip... yaaaaay. :|

Your door looks good - got some security concerns?

Close, It's a milling machine.

Got to schlep down to Portsmouth to stick it on a pallet for the haulage guys. 6 hour round trip... yaaaaay. :|

Your door looks good - got some security concerns?

You will have to start making bits on the side to justify it to the wife now :lol:

I had an up and over door which are way too easy to get in to plus it looked shite so was time for replacement anyway so just made sure it was a decent replacement!

The side door was shagged so replaced that with a upvc one as a temp fix with the view to get a more secure one in the future.

After getting the roller shutter I thought I best upgrade the side door and was going to make one! I spoke to my brother who works at an engineering place that makes them and he knocked that up for 100 quid so I'm not complaining :lol:

You will have to start making bits on the side to justify it to the wife now :lol:

I had an up and over door which are way too easy to get in to plus it looked shite so was time for replacement anyway so just made sure it was a decent replacement!

The side door was shagged so replaced that with a upvc one as a temp fix with the view to get a more secure one in the future.

After getting the roller shutter I thought I best upgrade the side door and was going to make one! I spoke to my brother who works at an engineering place that makes them and he knocked that up for 100 quid so I'm not complaining :lol:

That's a good price!

I already make sciency bits and bob's and flog them.

I was milling on the lathe which takes aaaaages so the mill is a time saver. Plus I can do much bigger work.

That's a good price!

I already make sciency bits and bob's and flog them.

I was milling on the lathe which takes aaaaages so the mill is a time saver. Plus I can do much bigger work.

Head skimming next :thumb:

Yeah at that price I couldn't say no! Just need to fit it now!

Went for a nice sedate cruise around east yorks..

Didn't we @Stu 😁😁😁

Was steady enough

If a tad breezy :shock:

On one of those back roads Lee screwed a corner up and went off-road :shock:

Didn't we @Stu 😁😁😁

Was steady enough

After you'd waved me off at hornsea?

Is he ok

Didn't we @Stu 😁😁😁

Was steady enough

After you'd waved me off at hornsea?

Is he ok

No before that!!

We came out of Ulrome and all I heard over the intercom was "Oh shit" I asked if he was OK and he was just like yeah I screwed a corner and went off road :lol:

He has been having trouble with the handling of the bike for a week or two and turns out his tyre pressure guage is screwed and was only running 23psi :shock: