Gutted! I think!

Stu

Just been made aware that after 30 weeks off work I am going back next week!!

Feels strange having all this time off on pay and now having to go back! :? :?

Feel like I am starting a new job :lol:

Glad you're better though! :thumb:

Thats the thing I'm not!!

I am fit to work but still a long way to go

I have been fit to work for the last few months but there is still around 60 people on furlough due to no work :shock:

I have been fit to work for the last few months but there is still around 60 people on furlough due to no work :shock:

could have a been a lot worse being one of the other 730,000+ who have lost their jobs :thumb:

could have a been a lot worse being one of the other 730,000+ who have lost their jobs :thumb:

I'm not disputing that but after been at home for 30 weeks getting paid and doing what I want when I want its like coming out of retirement :shock:

Other fryer has come back to work now. Due to the way we have altered the rota it meant on his first week he worked Mon Evening, Tues Morn, Thurs Evening, All day Friday then got the weekend off. He really enjoyed rubbing that in my face :lol:

It's going to be a strange thing for many people restarting work. I don't think some employers have taken into account the disorientation many people will experience. Hope it goes well for you but it will probably be exhausting and the hardest thing is not realising why you feel so knackered. That's what seems to affect a lot of people. The thing is to know it's not just you, nearly everyone I have spoken to says they're not actually working as hard but they're twice as tired.

Hope it goes well for you but it will probably be exhausting and the hardest thing is not realising why you feel so knackered. That's what seems to affect a lot of people.

I drive for a living so its mentally tiring more than anything but for the last 3 months I have been keeping myself busy and had something on pretty much every day as I didn't want to get out of the habit of working! I am hoping it helps to be honest.

At least I have a few days to start getting up early :shock:

Just been made aware that after 30 weeks off work I am going back next week!!

Feels strange having all this time off on pay and now having to go back! :? :?

Feel like I am starting a new job :lol:

I do understand you, all my life I work on rotations, 30 years ago it was 8 months work 2 months off, these days is equal rotation 10 weeks on 10 off. And it is always difficult to get back in business.

But after day or two it will be like u never stopped.

It's a strange time! with lots of strange things going on! :?

I hope you do fully recover soon [mention]Stu[/mention] !

I really didn't enjoy being back at work but I'm not sure that wasn't more to do

with my workmate passing away.

Part of me is grateful to still be employed (so far)

Part of me just wants to say f**k it and retire :lol:

I've just got used to the way things are [mention]rennie[/mention] so if it heals any more it's a bonus if not I can live with it! Things could be far worse :?

I'm retired, and didn't think I missed work at all, but on Monday I did a small job for my ex boss at his home, he is also now retired, and I realised that I did miss working, so I went along to my old firm yesterday and offered to do some holiday cover. I'm not going to work every day, or every week, but just a bit here and there to keep me occupied, and make some extra cash as well

I'm retired, and didn't think I missed work at all, but on Monday I did a small job for my ex boss at his home, he is also now retired, and I realised that I did miss working, so I went along to my old firm yesterday and offered to do some holiday cover. I'm not going to work every day, or every week, but just a bit here and there to keep me occupied, and make some extra cash as well

It's needed.....or you'll deteriorate mentally and physically.

I had it explained to me once, when I was asking a retiree who had worked hard all his life why he kept returning to do odd bits of work rather than sitting back and enjoying his hard earned retirement.

You spend years being asked for your opinion and help, because you had the knowledge and experience.

Then one day not very long after retiring you realise everyone has stopped doing so. And have that moment of thinking... what am I here for now?

Guest Richzx6r

I had it explained to me once, when I was asking a retiree who had worked hard all his life why he kept returning to do odd bits of work rather than sitting back and enjoying his hard earned retirement.

You spend years being asked for your opinion and help, because you had the knowledge and experience.

Then one day not very long after retiring you realise everyone has stopped doing so. And have that moment of thinking... what am I here for now?

I don't think I'll ever retire, by the time I get to that age there will be no retirement

I don't think I'll ever retire, by the time I get to that age there will be no retirement

I've got to that age and there's no retirement!

I expect it is different in that you are doing the work in your own time, your choice to do rather than it being an actual job you are required to spend 5/6 days a week at :?

I know I find myself doing bits at work "off the clock" and its nice knowing I can leave whenever I want and that I'm choosing to do it :lol: