Nob of the Day.......

Tango

A Range Rover in N Wales was so determined to get past a line of traffic that they forced two cars off the road to avoid a collision. We were doing 60 and he went past like we were stationary.

I may have his number but I haven't looked at the footage yet.

Guest Richzx6r

Pigeons. We've lived here about 8 months now and have had three pigeons die in our garden already. Turning in to a bloody pigeon graveyard.

Sounds like you could be on for pigeon murder mysteries

Pigeons. We've lived here about 8 months now and have had three pigeons die in our garden already. Turning in to a bloody pigeon graveyard.

Sounds like you could be on for pigeon murder mysteries

You need Hercule Parrott or Miss magpie :lol: :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

My current vote goes to....the Nissan micra driver who without so much as a glance in the mirror decided he was going to pull out in to traffic flow right in front of me then when I question him at the next set of lights makes out that I was the one in the wrong for being there :scratch: or no mate you cant just pull out on someone like that and expect not to get a torrent of abuse and a right good bollocking

Guest Richzx6r

The current slew of drivers who appear to have one speed no matter the speed limit. National speed limit, they drive 40, 50 limit they drive 40, through a village with a 30 limit they still bloody do 40.

Sounds about right, but what about 40 limits? Do they do 30?

The old guy in some kind of Audi on the A303 yesterday.

At this point it was a dual carriageway.

He was sat in the outside lane with nothing on the inside lane, as I caught up he just sat there, so being a good boy I didn’t undertake him, just sat in the LH lane about 20 metres back from him, hoping he’d pull over and let me pass, I was not tailgating him but his speed slowly started to rise from 70mph to about 90 mph which I matched, we eventually hit some traffic & I had to pull into the RH lane, he then took his foot off & rolled back to 70MPH, as soon as the traffic cleared he stayed in the RH lane and up to 90 with me again in the LH lane about 20 metres behind him ..... then we met some more traffic & it all started again ..... this time when the traffic cleared I f**ked off up the LH lane, he briefly gave chase & flashed his lights but gave up at *** MPH & miracle - he moved into the LH lane !!

Why do people do this?

The current slew of drivers who appear to have one speed no matter the speed limit. National speed limit, they drive 40, 50 limit they drive 40, through a village with a 30 limit they still bloody do 40.

They absolutely do my nut in, and I'm a calm driver. Up your rear in a 30, only to be left for dust as the limit changes. Or if you get stuck behind them in a 60 they'll be approaching a nothing bend you could take with just a small change in throttle and braking down to 30 for it.....

Sounds about right, but what about 40 limits? Do they do 30?

Somerset is full of them. The only time they're close to the limit is in a 40 mph zone. Drive me nuts especially if I'm in the car and can't get past. Not so much on the bike cos I can.

He was sat in the outside lane with nothing on the inside lane, as I caught up he just sat there, so being a good boy I didn’t undertake him, just sat in the LH lane about 20 metres back from him, hoping he’d pull over and let me pass, I was not tailgating him but his speed slowly started to rise from 70mph to about 90 mph which I matched, we eventually hit some traffic & I had to pull into the RH lane, he then took his foot off & rolled back to 70MPH, as soon as the traffic cleared he stayed in the RH lane and up to 90 with me again in the LH lane about 20 metres behind him ..... then we met some more traffic & it all started again ..... this time when the traffic cleared I f**ked off up the LH lane, he briefly gave chase & flashed his lights but gave up at *** MPH & miracle - he moved into the LH lane !!

Why do people do this?

Have to say that I am not a good boy when it comes to these nobbers. I give them half a minute or so to pull over than just cut through the inside. Don't flash lights or sound horn just do it - fast.

Guest Richzx6r

Why do people do this?

Have to say that I am not a good boy when it comes to these nobbers. I give them half a minute or so to pull over than just cut through the inside. Don't flash lights or sound horn just do it - fast.

I'm with you on that one

I had some prat earlier on this year want to race me on a dual carriageway.

He was in a golf going about 60 in left hand lane, I went to overtake and he sped up to probably 80 or so. He then slowed down wanting me to overtake again, I didn't bother trying.

I was in my 13 year old 1.3 diesel estate, what about that car screams I want to race? :roll:

Somerset is full of them. The only time they're close to the limit is in a 40 mph zone. Drive me nuts especially if I'm in the car and can't get past. Not so much on the bike cos I can.

Yes I thought Somerset was bad.... but holy moly Scottish drivers in the Highlands. I can't even pin it on tourists, most of the worst culprits had Arnold Clark stickers in the back window.

I'm nominating myself as nob of the day!!

Why you ask...

Well, I'm planning to fly down to london to get my new bike so I was thinking, maybe I can get all the gear in the cabin bag and then get the bike up.

Part of the deal is that the mrs wants to come along so 2 sets of gear.

Then my brain suddenly started to work and I wondered, where am I carrying the cabin bags on the way up?

It's a VT700 and no space for luggage... NOB!!!!

:stupid: :tumble: :bang: :hammer:

@husoi

Option 1 - wear it

Option 2 - courier it down just before?

Option 1: I don't think BA will be happy for a couple wearing an helmet during the flight... would look like the Stig :lol:

Option 2: it will cost around £9 via DHL and the hotel will keep it there until I arrive as long I put the reservation number in the package :thumb:

So back to a small bag that can be carried on the back with minimal stuff ;)

@husoi

Option 1 - wear it

Option 2 - courier it down just before?

Option 1: I don't think BA will be happy for a couple wearing an helmet during the flight... would look like the Stig :lol:

Option 2: it will cost around £9 via DHL and the hotel will keep it there until I arrive as long I put the reservation number in the package :thumb:

So back to a small bag that can be carried on the back with minimal stuff ;)

How much would it cost for a one way car hire ?

[mention]dynax[/mention] A small car hire would be around £40 + 80 in petrol and it will take at least 8hrs driving.

flights cost under £120 + £20 taxi (guestimate) to hotel + £9 courier for gear and takes 2hrs,

total car hire £120 + £40 for at least 1 meal. now count 6hrs (8-2)at £80/hr that I would normally charge :P

total flight under £150

[mention]Richzx6r[/mention] I never heard of TMBF shuttle from Fife to London.

Guest Richzx6r

@dynax A small car hire would be around £40 + 80 in petrol and it will take at least 8hrs driving.

flights cost under £120 + £20 taxi (guestimate) to hotel + £9 courier for gear and takes 2hrs,

total car hire £120 + £40 for at least 1 meal. now count 6hrs (8-2)at £80/hr that I would normally charge :P

total flight under £150

@Richzx6r I never heard of TMBF shuttle from Fife to London.

Well a shuttle between forum members to get you south :roll:

always hire a van and bring it back in that :wink:

Where's the fun in that?.

Worst comes to worst I'll be calling roadside assistance.

I nominate BT

Ok the storms that damaged so much of the internet weren't their fault, but living wherever do we rely on the broadband to connect mobiles to as there's no signal at all.

So they agreed to post a 4g mini hub, not sure how that's meant to connect with no network, but hey ho we'll give it a try.

Except having checked our details several times they've gone and sent the hub to our old address. Trying to contact them to sort it out is hopeless. It would be quicker by pigeon.