Gutted! I think!

Stu

I would say we have been quite effective 8-)

200.gif

I would say you've been quite effective in conducting yourselves like a pair of useless w**kers!

Tell 'em @Six30

[mention]Stu[/mention] would of been better off employing Cheek and Chong..

I expect it is different in that you are doing the work in your own time, your choice to do rather than it being an actual job you are required to spend 5/6 days a week at :?

I know I find myself doing bits at work "off the clock" and its nice knowing I can leave whenever I want and that I'm choosing to do it :lol:

No......I'm on call 7 days a week. I can't choose not to work.......I'm stuck with it.

It is one of the main reasons why so many retirees die within a year of retiring they are literally bored to death :shock: :thumb:

You listening to this @Fred?

Dead Man Walking you are! :lol:

Bored!!!!.....wife making sure I ain't got time to be bored!😂

And trying to keep the Yamaha fit for the road keeps me busy!.........I may be fighting a loosing battle there though!😕

I don't think I'll ever retire, by the time I get to that age there will be no retirement

I do not expect or plan to retire:

1) family medical history says I might get 5 years if I retire at 67, if I am lucky,

2) I am sure they will increase the retirement age that much before then,

3) X wife took my first attempt at a pension,

4) my present pension will not supply any standard of living even if I stick at it for 20 years,

As with a couple of others on here I have long periods on and off on rotations. It's hard when you don't feel ready to go back....

I have no idea what to think about retiring. 8 years ago I was due to retire in thirty years, I am now due to retire in about thirty years. George Osborne dipped into my pension and took those years of retirement from me and also dropped my projective pension that I will get.

I’m still bitter.

Later retirement ages correspond to earlier deaths.

I have no idea what to think about retiring. 8 years ago I was due to retire in thirty years, I am now due to retire in about thirty years. George Osborne dipped into my pension and took those years of retirement from me and also dropped my projective pension that I will get.

I’m still bitter.

If you think that was bad be thankful you weren’t feeding a pension before 1997!

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-1692321/Has-Labour-really-ransacked-our-pensions.html

My pot has taken a year on year hit from this and from legislation bought in after the Maxwell Mirror pension fund swindle. And other legislation which virtually ended final salary schemes, (it ended mine :twisted: ).

I’m still bitter.

If you think that was bad be thankful you weren’t feeding a pension before 1997!

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-1692321/Has-Labour-really-ransacked-our-pensions.html

My pot has taken a year on year hit from this and from legislation bought in after the Maxwell Mirrorpension fund swindle. And other legislation which virtually ended final salary schemes, (it ended mine :twisted: ).

Mine was a final salary scheme

Pension? What's one of them?

I don't think we'll ever get to retire the way things are going and I'm going to have to pray I get something of an inheritance as I've always had minimum wage or just above wages and only really started paying into a pension scheme 5 years ago when it became something you had to opt out of :oops:

I should have retired in two years but that's gone up the creek. Another eight years at least. The pension went from 37 years to qualify to 43. I'll actually do 44 years but every time my forecast comes through it says I'll only get 39 years worth due to some fancy mathematics how they work it out.

So I'm expecting to work to 70 to make ends meet. At least.

So is tomorrow the big day @Stu ?

Make sure you get an early night and plenty of rest :lol: :lol:

Nope :up:

Tuesday :shock:

I am counting down already!! 3 weeks and its my holidays and I have 2 weeks off :lol:

Not got off to the best of starts on your first day back then @Stu

B887AE32-86BB-4FC1-90F0-38FC82D9CED3.jpeg

Thats how we work from home......

Someone else’s home :D

Not got off to the best of starts on your first day back then @Stu

B887AE32-86BB-4FC1-90F0-38FC82D9CED3.jpeg

Thats how we work from home......

Someone else’s home :D

Doris from down the street!

I should have retired in two years but that's gone up the creek. Another eight years at least. The pension went from 37 years to qualify to 43. I'll actually do 44 years but every time my forecast comes through it says I'll only get 39 years worth due to some fancy mathematics how they work it out.

So I'm expecting to work to 70 to make ends meet. At least.

Funny how the topic came round to Pensions. I was born in April 1954 and my Pension kicked in last November. I was 4 months short of 35 years which was the full pension for me......so I get 34 years.

And every fourth Monday it hits my account......which happens to be today. For my sins I received the substantial amount of €749.......which is what we're supposed to live on for 4 weeks. I know it's a lot cheaper to live in Spain than the UK......but FFS!

Of course if GBP value went up to the level it was in 2005 when I came here (€1.50) I'd get about a grand. That won't happen.

But I never expected anything different.....in fact I always worked on the premise they'd cheat me out of it anyway. So I'll always work!

I don't know how Pensioners back there manage.....it's a disgrace what we get compared to other EU countries.

All this talk about pensions makes me laugh. All I'll get when I reach 67 is the state minimum whatever that might be. Everything else is going to be from what we've managed to save and to be fair it's reasonable but.... How long it has to last is the question? My parents are still both going and my Dad is 90 next week so it may be difficult. I know low interest rates benefit the younger generation but I do feel a bit bitter and twisted when I was paying mortgages off at 15% and now I'm looking for a decent return I'm lucky to get 2%. 😠