Gutted! I think!

Stu

All this talk about pensions makes me laugh. All I'll get when I reach 67 is the state minimum whatever that might be. Everything else is going to be from what we've managed to save and to be fair it's reasonable but.... How long it has to last is the question? My parents are still both going and my Dad is 90 next week so it may be difficult. I know low interest rates benefit the younger generation but I do feel a bit bitter and twisted when I was paying mortgages off at 15% and now I'm looking for a decent return I'm lucky to get 2%. 😠

have a look at zopa.co.uk Isn't too bad for a single digit return %.

Money is fairly secure, of course this is not set in stone

If you use this link we both get £50 :thumb:

https://www.zopa.com/lending/mgm/pipoka

I'm 51 and have 9 years until I can take my pension from the NHS. I started working for the NHS when I was 19. It's a final salary pension and it's fairly decent but even with the projection of what I'm getting it's still only about half of my monthly outgoings so I'll still work on, probably in a part time capacity. It's not just for financial reasons though, I want to stay active and engaged. I know quite a few that have retired and suffered health problems not long afterwards, including a couple who died within 6 months :shock:

I think when it comes to retirement it very much depends on what you enjoy doing. I spend half the year on leave anyway so it won't be that dramatic a change. Less income obviously so that will be a major factor. Other than that I'm pretty damned busy with "stuff" so I'll do more of it. Maybe do some kind of part time job for beer money - or not.