What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Was steady enough

If a tad breezy :shock:

On one of those back roads Lee screwed a corner up and went off-road :shock:

After you'd waved me off at hornsea?

Is he ok

No before that!!

We came out of Ulrome and all I heard over the intercom was "Oh shit" I asked if he was OK and he was just like yeah I screwed a corner and went off road :lol:

He has been having trouble with the handling of the bike for a week or two and turns out his tyre pressure guage is screwed and was only running 23psi :shock:

Thats why you slowed.

As long as he's ok.

And buys a new guage....

After you'd waved me off at hornsea?

Is he ok

No before that!!

We came out of Ulrome and all I heard over the intercom was "Oh shit" I asked if he was OK and he was just like yeah I screwed a corner and went off road :lol:

He has been having trouble with the handling of the bike for a week or two and turns out his tyre pressure guage is screwed and was only running 23psi :shock:

Thats why you slowed.

As long as he's ok.

And buys a new guage....

Yeah :lol:

He has found his digital one!

I think he needs to get some road biased tyres instead of the 60/40's off road biased noblies he has on :lol:

No before that!!

Thats why you slowed.

As long as he's ok.

And buys a new guage....

I think he needs to get some road biased tyres instead of the 60/40's off road biased noblies he has on :lol:

Thats my fault by the way.

Remember i told him at brid he looked smooth in my mirrors.. 🤤🤤

Do apologise for me...lol

Agree about the tyres.. they wont help

Thats why you slowed.

As long as he's ok.

And buys a new guage....

You should have ridden it! there would have been no chance of buying one if it was handling like a dog :lol:

You should have ridden it! there would have been no chance of buying one if it was handling like a dog :lol:

I've just been looking on ebay......lol

I've just been looking on ebay......lol

I was half tempted after I rode it!

I think I would go for the 1200 though

In 28c heat and dodging thunderstorms, I've managed to do a full service on the K1200S:

Valve clearances checked while cold this morning. All in clearance. Bike has done 31k miles.

New clutch plates fitted.

Cam chain jump guard fitted.

K1300S cam chain tensioner fitted.

Final drive oil changed.

New sparkies fitted.

New brakes pads front and rear, new fluids. All systems bled.

Oil change inc. filter

New Air Filters.

Hornig fuel strip emulator fitted. BMWs of the 2004-2009 period had a fuel strip fitted and it failed...often. This shows on the display as full all of the time and I use the odometer to decide when to fill up, which I do anyway.

New coolant, mate lent me a compressor so I could replace it under pressure as specified on the RepRom. Was really easy after my initial anxiety about it.

Throttle linkages and other linkages greased.

I started at 6am and finished at 8pm. All done in my allocated space outside my flat! I put a small gazebo over the parking space which helped keep the burn of the sun off me.

Took it out this evening for 15 mins and it feels like a different bike. So much smoother and a delight to ride. The Barnett clutch plates have made the gear changes less clunky. Really looking forward to getting some miles under my belt, I haven't done any for 2 weeks since I was in Wales.

Job done. Feeling very chuffed.

Well, they wrote it off. Mixed feeing really. I loved that bike and spent a great deal of time keeping it in tip top shape. On the otherwise, I would never truly be happy on a bike that’s had such a whack on the frame/forks.

Nothing I really like at the moment apart from the Streetfighter V4S and I’m in no position to be dropping 25k on a motorbike.

Think I may hold fire to see if the 2021 S1000R gets released

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/rumour-2021-bmw-s1000r-redesigned/#&gid=1&pid=2

On a more positive note, I’ve been riding around on a Honda CB1000R. Surprised at how much I’m enjoying it. It’s a soulless little thing, makes less noise than a gentle breeze but it’s just nice to ride. Adjusting to life without a quick shifter has taken some doing, though!!

Probs for the best. It was ugly enough before the crash.

Nah for real though I wouldn't have any confidence in a bike after such a whack.

You try any sports bikes? I was a staunch naked fan until my gixxer - opens up a world of options.

Lovely day for a ride out today, mates were working so I was Billy no mates! Decided to stay away from the TT course and enjoy some of the back, country roads. Took in some of the scenery and just chilled out .... Couldn't resist finishing the ride with an ice cream down in Laxey. IMG_0545.thumb.jpeg.980702b4713e9c9f7c909c33652868bb.jpeg

Lucky sod. I love the Island. each time I've gone for the TT, I've explored the island and found some amazing roads. There's one that goes from the Bungalow and ends at the Sulby Straight, parts of it reminded me of riding through Germany. The back road leading to the Creg is a cracker too, and the ride to Peel is one of my faves.

Lucky sod. I love the Island. each time I've gone for the TT, I've explored the island and found some amazing roads. There's one that goes from the Bungalow and ends at the Sulby Straight, parts of it reminded me of riding through Germany. The back road leading to the Creg is a cracker too, and the ride to Peel is one of my faves.

This photo was taken on the back road to the Creg, the other one to Sulby, through Druidale is great, some good off road routes down that way as well...

Lovely day for a ride out today, mates were working so I was Billy no mates! Decided to stay away from the TT course and enjoy some of the back, country roads. Took in some of the scenery and just chilled out .... Couldn't resist finishing the ride with an ice cream down in Laxey. IMG_0545.jpeg

That seat looks nice and comfy, what is it?

Lovely day for a ride out today, mates were working so I was Billy no mates! Decided to stay away from the TT course and enjoy some of the back, country roads. Took in some of the scenery and just chilled out .... Couldn't resist finishing the ride with an ice cream down in Laxey. IMG_0545.jpeg

Its a Corbin seat, it wasn't cheap but it is comfortable, far superior to the OEM one. I ride a lot so thought I'd treat myself to a bit of luxury, I can certainly go a lot further now before getting a numb backside...

Its a Corbin seat, it wasn't cheap but it is comfortable, far superior to the OEM one. I ride a lot so thought I'd treat myself to a bit of luxury, I can certainly go a lot further now before getting a numb backside...

Corbin, yes it looks good and must be comfy. I was looking for my bike and it is eye watering 600.

Therefore airhawk must be good for now.

Lights done :thumb: , i was lucky as i was able to wire them into the number plate light, all joints soldered and heat shrinked, and a proper auto electrical connector was used between the lights and the feed :thumb:

P1020761.thumb.JPG.68a75804226ded898a7c8376f6fcd969.JPG

P1020762.thumb.JPG.57a7d3df3b90d1c5ed3eea1cbfc94bdb.JPG

Rode it home from the coast.

Pissing down with rain and very cold.

Daft lad here had only got leathers and a very thin waterproof......

It was 30 degs and sunny 9 days ago when i rode over..

Never learn

I discovered that going for a ride and not dropping the bike on myself is a lot more pleasurable than going for a ride and dropping the bike on myself.

I might try that more often.