Scary shit

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

Don't really know what to say really but just have to say something.....

Anyway went to work this morning (2nd day in to a 2 week agency assignment) and all was normal or so I thought!

Hour and half in to the day and the delivery turns up, it was a big one and then not even half way through putting it away hes struggling to breathe and tells me he just needs a moment, then he tells me that he's not long got over acute heart failure!!

I did say that I think he should go have a sit down but he was adamant that he was ok so anyway we finished the delivery then he said for me to go get some lunch.....so I did.

Once back he sends me out on a delivery then the fun starts one of the customers flags me down to let me know hes sick in there which I took as him not being very happy with customers and another delivery turning up to be greeted by him barely able to breathe, so straight on the phone for the ambulance and I'm told it is likely that it will be about 20 minutes for it to arrive

Long story short seems like it could be another bout of heart failure

Thought I hope not

Guest Swagman

Sounds rough it is very scary, we had one of our chaps a few years ago now collapsed on the train station we we’re repairing, unfortunately he died there on the floor nothing could be done for him. :cry:

Guest Richzx6r

Luckily he didnt pass out or lose consciousness, he just couldn't breathe and kept going dizzy....yet still tried to keep working till I turned back up and told him hes to go and sit down but even then he was still trying to argue that I didnt know enough to be able to serve the customer and while hes right (though I'm learning) he couldn't do it and he knew it

Guest Richzx6r

The stupid twat :roll: you have more tolerance than me i would have said bollox to him after the first time :twisted:

Well it being my second day I couldn't really talk to him like that but I agree he did do too much

The stupid twat :roll: you have more tolerance than me i would have said bollox to him after the first time :twisted:

Well it being my second day I couldn't really talk to him like that but I agree he did do too much

Second day or not, it's just plain idiotic trying to carry on and refusing to sit until the ambulance arrived, what good is it to drop dead :lol:

The Samaritans are recruiting I think Dynax if your looking for some volunteer work :thumb:

The Samaritans are recruiting I think Dynax if your looking for some volunteer work :thumb:

If i answered their call they would not call again :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Let's just hope he is ok.

If he has a heart condition and can't breathe. He should know better than to carry on. What job is worth dying for?

Yeah that's what I thought but hes very head strong and can't be told

It's quite likely he was in denial, probably scared, and didn't want to stop as it meant accepting something which is pretty terrifying, so he tried to carry on business as usual.

After all, no one on their death bed ever said they wished they put more time in at work

You are probably in a bit of shock Rich, everything good? Or has it knocked you a bit sideways?

Guest Richzx6r

It's quite likely he was in denial, probably scared, and didn't want to stop as it meant accepting something which is pretty terrifying, so he tried to carry on business as usual.

After all, no one on their death bed ever said they wished they put more time in at work

You are probably in a bit of shock Rich, everything good? Or has it knocked you a bit sideways?

Yeah I kno I'm back in today and apparently it was a panic attack......not sure why he was panicking.

It could have been abit of shock but I'm ok

Yeah I kno I'm back in today and apparently it was a panic attack......not sure why he was panicking.

probably working with you ..

Guest Richzx6r

probably working with you ..

Quite possibly :twisted:

......not sure why he was panicking.

Shortness off breath is symptom of heart failure... If he's had sudden on set shortness of breath unexpectedly, his brain may of been saying heart failure..

Panic!

Then he will get short of breath and some symptoms of heart attack because of the fast breathing with his panic attack.

You did the right thing, either way.

He had the ambulance crew convinced enough to take him in as precaution...