Touring:- sat nav or phone?

If it were me... if my 660 died tomorrow.

I would get something like this... ready to go. fit it in 20 minutes and all done.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.16.27.png

Nah, If I go for a dedicated device it will be the new Zumo XT

expensive yes but should last a few good years.

Then when I get lost at least I can see it on a big screen :lol:

so your choice is spend £429 +/- or not. I would just get one on 0% finance.

I don't think I'll be doing much riding this year so any purchase will be done next year.

At the end, considering the bad experience I had before, I'll be getting one yes.

I have used both my phone and a car sat nav I was given, in waterproof holders and they were fine. It was only when I got a bike specific sat nav that I found the difference in screen visibility is HUGE! The phone in a holder was a struggle to see at times, but the bike specific one is easily readable all of the time.

Have to say I'm struggling to see a compelling, killer reason for a dedicated satnav here.

Phone map apps are light years ahead of just a few years back. Power and screen visibility are not insurmountable issues.

Then again, I'm just an old tightwad. :D

There is always solution, cheep, no battery needed, not waterproof but you can manage it

0EEBCA53-BEBE-4688-A0DB-BB2E70977F56.thumb.png.7e57058f45e40743fe1f087536197956.png

By the way, using main routes in Eu is easy e=en without navigation, you just need to know where would you like to go which direction.

In Italy and Croatia road signs are monkey proof and really hard to screw up.