Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I nominate BT

Ok the storms that damaged so much of the internet weren't their fault, but living wherever do we rely on the broadband to connect mobiles to as there's no signal at all.

So they agreed to post a 4g mini hub, not sure how that's meant to connect with no network, but hey ho we'll give it a try.

Except having checked our details several times they've gone and sent the hub to our old address. Trying to contact them to sort it out is hopeless. It would be quicker by pigeon.

Nah not pigeon ...they send out Buzby

https://youtu.be/U67FuWUkO_Q

Unbelievable. After two hours on the phone they say that they've sent the hub to the wrong address so they have to send them a returns envelope (which will arrive by Wednesday) and when they get it back they will send it to us. So that's going to be at least the following weekend.

They can't send me a replacement as they can only have one order open at a time.

If I lay my hands on Buzby it will be heavy with the Paxo :evil:

I vote myself for putting my brand new electric planer in its case in such a way that the blade has cut into the cable :bang:

Was easy enough to fix but now the cable is 2 foot shorter :oops:

I nominate BT

It would be quicker by pigeon.

Last time BT went down here I tried reporting by mobile but reception so poor I could not.

In the end I registered my complaint by writing to them first class...

Last time I deal with them, they where a communications company you could not send pictures to electronically...

The motorcyclist attempting to overtake on a fairly tight bend with double whites. He was so far over he nearly headbutted me coming up the hill in the opposite direction. Thankfully I had moved over to the left of the lane to get a better view around the bend :shock: it certainty woke me up on the commute to work this morning.

A367

https://maps.app.goo.gl/F3zyVFcjYofMRjQm8

I've not even stepped back through the doors of the hole that is work but its already getting on my wick. A colleague called me at 5.30pm yesterday to ask if I would cover his student enrolment tomorrow. I said I should be able to but let me check in the morning and I would let him know. Log on to emails this morning and find an email from my manager saying that apparently I had volunteered to cover and could I pop in this afternoon to go through some bits.

I haven't effing volunteered for anything or confirmed I can do it and its a 50 mile round trip on my afternoon off so no, I won't be popping bloody anywhere.

pricks. :evil:

I've not even stepped back through the doors of the hole that is work but its already getting on my wick. A colleague called me at 5.30pm yesterday to ask if I would cover his student enrolment tomorrow. I said I should be able to but let me check in the morning and I would let him know. Log on to emails this morning and find an email from my manager saying that apparently I had volunteered to cover and could I pop in this afternoon to go through some bits.

I haven't effing volunteered for anything or confirmed I can do it and its a 50 mile round trip on my afternoon off so no, I won't be popping bloody anywhere.

Don't blame you, i hate twats who take liberties :lol: :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

It definitely sounds like you offered to cover for him :lol:

I'll offer to cover them both in 6 ft depth of soil but other than that it was a definite maybe so I could see what the hell I might be letting myself in for. Turns out it's the exact type of badly planned last minute crapola that I find very uninteresting.

Guest Richzx6r

I'll offer to cover them both in 6 ft depth of soil but other than that it was a definite maybe so I could see what the hell I might be letting myself in for. Turns out it's the exact type of badly planned last minute crapola that I find very uninteresting.

This is why when it comes to work I only help cover people I get on well with, but that's if I have enough time

This is why when it comes to work I only help cover people I get on well with, but that's if I have enough time

Generally I like to help out and see things get done and done well, but I like people to be upfront about what needs doing and I don't like any form of railroading.

I've taken pity on them and compromised and said I can help but only in the morning. It's a half day for me anyway tomorrow. That way I get the I've been flexible and offered to help gold star but without the annoyance of having to shovel all of someone else's crap.

Guest Richzx6r

Generally I like to help out and see things get done and done well, but I like people to be upfront about what needs doing and I don't like any form of railroading.

I've taken pity on them and compromised and said I can help but only in the morning. It's a half day for me anyway tomorrow. That way I get the I've been flexible and offered to help gold star but without the annoyance of having to shovel all of someone else's crap.

That's fair but only if they would do the same for you

I nominate .... myself. I believed the weather app that said 10% chance of rain and ignored the clouds in the distance and went out in my armoured denim....and got absolutely soaked. Thank goodness the latest bank notes are plasticy, my wallet is wet through. It was biblical at one point, with the road more like a river.

Guest Richzx6r

I nominate .... myself. I believed the weather app that said 10% chance of rain and ignored the clouds in the distance and went out in my armoured denim....and got absolutely soaked. Thank goodness the latest bank notes are plasticy, my wallet is wet through. It was biblical at one point, with the road more like a river.

You should have waited a while and then you could have taken a kayak down the road

I have another nomination. The Missenden Flyer Youtube bike blogger who has posted a video of a road test where he can be clearly seen doing 61mph in a 30mph limit. I like his videos and accept that is not like him, but still, that is a licence losing speed, as Rio Ferdinand has just found out as he has been banned for 6 months for doing 85mph in a 70mph limit.

I have another nomination. The Missenden Flyer Youtube bike blogger who has posted a video of a road test where he can be clearly seen doing 61mph in a 30mph limit. I like his videos and accept that is not like him, but still, that is a licence losing speed, as Rio Ferdinand has just found out as he has been banned for 6 months for doing 85mph in a 70mph limit.

I watch his videos occasionally even though he annoys me, purely because annoyingly he may have a bike or a product I've been interested in. Not a subscriber or regular watcher. And I've seen him do this a few times. Including one bike review where he had just picked the bike up and proceeded to do a multi-vehicle overtake and speeds approaching 90mph. Didn't seem overly clever to me.

A day late, but I'm nominating my insurance company.

5th August, agree to buy a new bike. Will be ready the following week

8th August, sell my bike and new owner rides it away

10th August, need to get the ball rolling to switch the vehicles on my cover around. Know currently they prefer you to submit online rather than call. Login to my online portal and see a letter generated that day about my cover. Read it and it says:

We’ve found that [bike] is showing as being insured with us twice. This means that someone else has insured since you took out your policy. We’re very sorry about this.

If you want to keep your policy, please get in touch by webchat as soon as possible.

If we don’t hear from you by 17/08/2020 we’re sorry but we’ll have to cancel your policy from 24/04/2020, which is the date the other policy started, as we can’t have two policies running on the same bike at the same time.

I assume that the new owner of my bike has the same insurer. No bother, I go onto web chat, say I've received the letter but I'm changing the bike anyway. Operator says they've noted that the insurance shouldn't be cancelled and sorts out the bike change.

Fast forward to yesterday, post arrives with a letter dated the 17th August confirming that my insurance will be cancelled on the 24th.

Back onto webchat. I assume the letter has just been generated in error but figure it's worth sorting out and I'm asked a load of questions. And to double check the bike on my policy. Which is of course my new bike.

I'm thanked and told that my bike is insured with them twice but they will note that this cover shouldn't be cancelled.

Er... can I just check that the letter I received last week was for my old bike, and this is for my new bike. Just you said you'd noted I didn't want the cover cancelled but you've still sent me this letter. And I don't get why you're asking me about this bike.

No, she says. The letter on the 10th relates to this bike, she can see that in the notes.

Er..........

Simply put..... you're telling me that you knew I was going to insure a bike with you that I hadn't actually fully purchased yet and hadn't told you about yet? That doesn't make sense and you're starting to worry me now.

"I am not sure of this I'm afraid as we have a technical team that look behind the scenes, so it must of showed up on a report." is the reply.

Er....

Can somebody phone me please, as I'm not accepting that a technical team knew I was buying a bike before I told you about it.

Nope, that's not possible (of course it is!) but rest assured the policy won't be cancelled. So I simply ask for confirmation in writing, so if they do feck up and cancel it they can't just point to the letters they sent me and say "well we did warn you".

Don't get me wrong, I think it's as simple as the whole thing relates to my last bike, but the fact she was so adamant that it was about my new bike does make me worry that I have a whole new ballache to deal with next week.

Guest Richzx6r

5th August, agree to buy a new bike. Will be ready the following week

8th August, sell my bike and new owner rides it away

10th August, need to get the ball rolling to switch the vehicles on my cover around. Know currently they prefer you to submit online rather than call. Login to my online portal and see a letter generated that day about my cover. Read it and it says:

We’ve found that [bike] is showing as being insured with us twice. This means that someone else has insured since you took out your policy. We’re very sorry about this.

If you want to keep your policy, please get in touch by webchat as soon as possible.

If we don’t hear from you by 17/08/2020 we’re sorry but we’ll have to cancel your policy from 24/04/2020, which is the date the other policy started, as we can’t have two policies running on the same bike at the same time.

I assume that the new owner of my bike has the same insurer. No bother, I go onto web chat, say I've received the letter but I'm changing the bike anyway. Operator says they've noted that the insurance shouldn't be cancelled and sorts out the bike change.

Fast forward to yesterday, post arrives with a letter dated the 17th August confirming that my insurance will be cancelled on the 24th.

Back onto webchat. I assume the letter has just been generated in error but figure it's worth sorting out and I'm asked a load of questions. And to double check the bike on my policy. Which is of course my new bike.

I'm thanked and told that my bike is insured with them twice but they will note that this cover shouldn't be cancelled.

Er... can I just check that the letter I received last week was for my old bike, and this is for my new bike. Just you said you'd noted I didn't want the cover cancelled but you've still sent me this letter. And I don't get why you're asking me about this bike.

No, she says. The letter on the 10th relates to this bike, she can see that in the notes.

Er..........

Simply put..... you're telling me that you knew I was going to insure a bike with you that I hadn't actually fully purchased yet and hadn't told you about yet? That doesn't make sense and you're starting to worry me now.

"I am not sure of this I'm afraid as we have a technical team that look behind the scenes, so it must of showed up on a report." is the reply.

Er....

Can somebody phone me please, as I'm not accepting that a technical team knew I was buying a bike before I told you about it.

Nope, that's not possible (of course it is!) but rest assured the policy won't be cancelled. So I simply ask for confirmation in writing, so if they do feck up and cancel it they can't just point to the letters they sent me and say "well we did warn you".

Don't get me wrong, I think it's as simple as the whole thing relates to my last bike, but the fact she was so adamant that it was about my new bike does make me worry that I have a whole new ballache to deal with next week.

Definitely sounds like a ball ache is on its way, though as you say how can they know about a new bike that you hadn't even told them about previously unless you're being covertly monitored :scratch:

[....]

Well, as an update, they don't appear to have cancelled it yet, so touch wood.

Datatag.

Whilst I have limited faith in its ability to actually really prevent my bike being stolen and any parts identified, it's in my nature to try to keep paperwork up to date.

BUT

1. You have to complete a paper form to do the change of keeper
  2. They want you to either send a cheque (a what) or HANDWRITE IN ALL YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS INCLUDING YOUR CARD SECURITY CODE ONTO THE FORM AND POST IT TO THEM. I guess I then trust they receive it safely and also dispose of those details securely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. For all the above, they want to charge the princely sum of £15.50 for someone to update the record. Can I haggle that down to three quid and we're all good?

I wouldn't be surprised if they chuckle with glee every time a new keeper can actually be bothered to send them such a exorbitant amount.

Now... does anyone know if you declare Datatag on your insurance if it's actually a condition that you keep the registered keeper details up to date?

Yeah same reason I don't declare the factory fit alarm....

I view Datatag as a sticker at least. It's not on there at the mo but was just thinking forward to the renewal. But I'm reasonably sure the premium reduction over a few years wouldn't cover the admin fee....

" HANDWRITE IN ALL YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS INCLUDING YOUR CARD SECURITY CODE ONTO THE FORM AND POST IT TO THEM.

That is actually seriously questionable behaviour.

The security code (3 digits on the back) I understand was introduced to stop people taking quick impression of your card and being able to use over the telephone...

They might as well say send us your card and pin number, we will go to the bank and get the cash...

Who would you report them to....