Bandit tank bolts - spinning

jedibiker

Well, I was doing some simple jobs and taking the tank off is part of the process. I was gentle with it too but one bolt would not come totally loose. Ended up having to cut the top off it and it will need drilling out. Went together ok but then other bolt got slightly tight then just didn't get tighter so gunna bet thats done the same. these must be sensitive bolts or part that they go into.

is there any other way to get the other one out without cutting and drilling. f@ckin nightmare.

kind of tried to push it up for the first and will try that for the second but its hard to get anything firm in there. strange how easy its done it. looking at that post its common. if i drill it il use new bolt but with a nut.

an update if anyone has same or cares lol.

drilled out one and re-newthe thread, new bolt. the other was able to get out with impact driver and screwdriver adding upward force under the washer, got that out the re-threaded the hole and new bolt. all done. cheers