Cheap Chinese

Guest Swagman

I believe [mention]Marino[/mention] is right. I wasn't around when the Japanese got into this game but what I can see - including the attitudes towards them - is history repeating.

One day the history books will say the incumbent manufacturers were slow to spot the danger and react.

You can dismiss some of what has been produced to date, but ignore it at your peril.

I don't think the Chinese have got the same philosophy as the Japanese when they got their act together. So if that remains the case then it will be a long time before they achieve anything like the same result.

It was a little company called Sony, that no-one had ever heard of, that set the ball rolling.

Plus they need to address their human rights record before I'll buy anything from China.

Wondered how long it would be before they made something other than small engines bikes.

Time will tell, I personally still wouldn't buy one now, but in the future who knows?

They have certainly done their market research . I was up at the Green Welly Stop the Sunday before last and almost every bike was of this " Naked Sports " style .

Guest Swagman

They have certainly done their market research . I was up at the Green Welly Stop the Sunday before last and almost every bike was of this " Naked Sports " style .

Yeah they have become very popular this type of bike.

Guest Richzx6r

Its almost z thou in its styling and look but I'd hazard a guess that it's been cobbled together with mismatched parts that were found down the back of someone's sofa

There seems to be a few Chinese bigger bikes coming out shortly, sinnis are releasing this 380 cc in the autumn. I understand people don't want to buy Chinese it may make the market more competitive though ensuring other big manufacturers don't push their prices up. This one will be in the same market as the RE Himalayan the same panniers and a lot cheaper than the RE ones. Loved my Himalayan but poor customer support and warranty claims.

DSC_6603.jpg.0e38ea8c1bc81754f982e3631c0f6af8.jpg

..I understand people don't want to buy Chinese it may make the market more competitive though ensuring other big manufacturers don't push their prices up. ...

Hear, hear. I imagine that the current manufacturers are feeling rather worried.

Who knows, maybe the Chinese can bring us those things that elude the present day manufacturers, like decent fuel economy and power, hugger and fender extender as standard, heated grips as standard, centre stand as standard, fastenings that don't rust in the first autumn of ownership, long term reliability... There may actually be money to be made that way, rather than selling a lifestyle dream and matching clothing

If Sinnis have got any sense (which is questionable) they'll make replacement exhausts for that bike cost almost as much as the bike itself, because holy crap is it going to ground out something rotten the second someone gets it in their head to take it off road. They could make a fortune in spares! :lol: