Hello from Greece!

redShogun

Hello guys!

My name is redShogun and I am from Greece!

My motorbike is a 2009 Suzuki Address FL125 with a mere 125cc fuel-injected engine, though it doesn't really stop me from loving motorbike trips.

I love riding in the countryside, as well as mountain Pelion near my city (Volos, Magnesia) and have even made it to regions nearby Olympus with this bike!

Pleased to meet you and I hope we will all get along fine in here!

Here's a photo from yesterday's trip near mountain Olympus! The place there is called Livadi and it's located at a nearby mountain called Titaros.

https://i.imgur.com/FdbDjz6.jpg

Cheers!

I really hope small 125cc unerbone bikes like my Suzuki are welcome here :D

These bikes are really common here in Greece. Not only the Address 125, but also the Honda Innova ANF125, Kawasaki Kaze series along with the Yamaha Crypton series and some others from chinese manufactures.

Saving up for a bigger bike though, when I finish my studies :D

Actually scooters are fully automatic, using CVT systems. These bikes come with semi-auto gearboxes. Mine is a 4-speed one, it just doesn't come with a clutch at your left hand. A centrifugal mechanism does the job for you and allows the bike to start without the use of a manual clutch. Scooters are really really common here too like Yamaha XMAX, Yamaha TMAX, Suzuki Burgman, Honda SH, Kymco Agility etc.

Underbone and cub are in reality the same type of bike and it's the right term when it comes to these types of motorbikes. Here a bike like this is also called "papi" (παπί in greek) which literally means "duck". This comes from the old Honda C50 Cub which looks like a duck (don't know how they thought of this xD )

There are some cub models which come with manual clutch systems like the Suzuki FX125 or the Yamaha Z125 (which is a 2-stroke motorbike). Also there are 125cc manual clutch bikes here like CBF125, CBR125, YBR125, Kawasaki D-Tracker 125 and Honda XR125 just to name a few.

The gear shifting pattern also is different in semi-auto models with all the gears being down, instead of the 1st gear down and the rest up. Most models also come with a "mill" system, as they call it, which allows you to shift from 4th gear directly to neutral if the bike is at a halt and not moving.

The only disadvantage of this, is that due to the engine employing the centrifugal clutch the crankshaft becomes a little bit heavier and that's why manual clutch bikes at 125cc tend to rev a little bit faster. There are also mods to convert a semi-auto bike to a fully manual one if there is an aftermarket kit for the specified motorbike.

Well then happy to see that there are riders of every type in here! That's great!

I have been to countless places with my motorbike, but yesterday's trip was my first "far" trip far away from my city and it's surrounding areas. It was an awesome experience! When I will find more free time I will post some of my best pics in here!

I also owned a Chinese cub back from 2014 to 2016 when I was still with my AM license (AM = motorbikes with 50cc here in Greece). It was a Honda Astrea Supra 100 clone but at 50cc by Lifan. It reached speeds of around 65 to 70 km/h with 70 km/h with 4th gear at rev limits...slow, but still it made my 16 year old self back then happy :P

August 2016, I got my A1 and my father gave me the Suzuki. Was probably the happiest day of my life so far.