New Smartphones

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
skyrider
Posts: 3139
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 789 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by skyrider » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:58 pm

excellent will look forward to that :wink:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Bender
Moderator
Posts: 5304
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 2154 times
Been liked: 2500 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by Bender » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:36 pm

XTreme wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:41 pm
Bianco2564 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Anyway I've got a new phone aswell, Samsung A41.
Was due an upgrade last October :roll: but forgot about it.
Camera is sooo much better than my old phone.
Only 4G but not bothered.
Camera was the main consideration for me as well.

The grim desolate places are going to look so much better from next week on! :lol:
So your heading back to Wales then?
Bite my shiny metal ass..

The Hitcher
Posts: 1155
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha R1M
Location: Surrey
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 187 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by The Hitcher » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:58 pm

I’ve been thinking about getting a different make of phone when it’s time to change this one, not so much because of the anti Chinese thing but because Apple really are taking the piss with prices now!.
Don’t know how I’d get on with an Android phone though.

User avatar
Fleck
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): KTM Duke 390 and Honda Vision
Location: Chesterfield
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by Fleck » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:53 pm

Bianco2564 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Anyway I've got a new phone aswell, Samsung A41.
Was due an upgrade last October :roll: but forgot about it.
Camera is sooo much better than my old phone.
Only 4G but not bothered.
I'm looking at one of these, what was your old phone? And do you like the A41?
Bikes:
2017 KTM Duke 390
2014 Honda Vision 110

Cars:
A small black one.

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 2969 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by XTreme » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Testing the new Smartphone!

I wanted to have a quick run to test the camera quality out on the new smartphone......which is a Samsung Galaxy A71.

Apparently it has 4 cameras and can take photos at 64 megapixels with a resolution of 9248 x 6936! 

Big numbers.....but what's the end result? Normally my pics are around 3 to 4MB.......when I checked the pics from today they were 25MB+.

Is there a difference to the naked eye? Massive! It's like going from an ancient 1980's TV to the latest giant 4K HD flat screens. Seriously.......you could take pics for a glossy calendar with this thing.

The ones you see here are reduced in size and optimised to bring down the file size......but I think you'll still see a major difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Swagman
Subscriber
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 +2007 Fz6
Location: Torksey Lincs
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by Swagman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:35 pm

XTreme wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Testing the new Smartphone!

I wanted to have a quick run to test the camera quality out on the new smartphone......which is a Samsung Galaxy A71.

Apparently it has 4 cameras and can take photos at 64 megapixels with a resolution of 9248 x 6936! 

Big numbers.....but what's the end result? Normally my pics are around 3 to 4MB.......when I checked the pics from today they were 25MB+.

Is there a difference to the naked eye? Massive! It's like going from an ancient 1980's TV to the latest giant 4K HD flat screens. Seriously.......you could take pics for a glossy calendar with this thing.

The ones you see here are reduced in size and optimised to bring down the file size......but I think you'll still see a major difference.
They are cracking pictures X clear as a bell. :thumb:

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 2969 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by XTreme » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:04 pm

Swagman wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:35 pm
XTreme wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Testing the new Smartphone!

I wanted to have a quick run to test the camera quality out on the new smartphone......which is a Samsung Galaxy A71.

Apparently it has 4 cameras and can take photos at 64 megapixels with a resolution of 9248 x 6936! 

Big numbers.....but what's the end result? Normally my pics are around 3 to 4MB.......when I checked the pics from today they were 25MB+.

Is there a difference to the naked eye? Massive! It's like going from an ancient 1980's TV to the latest giant 4K HD flat screens. Seriously.......you could take pics for a glossy calendar with this thing.

The ones you see here are reduced in size and optimised to bring down the file size......but I think you'll still see a major difference.
They are cracking pictures X clear as a bell. :thumb:
Only thing is, with pics like that the vid I did today with the Drift looks naff!


User avatar
Swagman
Subscriber
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 +2007 Fz6
Location: Torksey Lincs
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by Swagman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:56 pm

XTreme wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:04 pm
Swagman wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:35 pm
XTreme wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Testing the new Smartphone!

I wanted to have a quick run to test the camera quality out on the new smartphone......which is a Samsung Galaxy A71.

Apparently it has 4 cameras and can take photos at 64 megapixels with a resolution of 9248 x 6936! 

Big numbers.....but what's the end result? Normally my pics are around 3 to 4MB.......when I checked the pics from today they were 25MB+.

Is there a difference to the naked eye? Massive! It's like going from an ancient 1980's TV to the latest giant 4K HD flat screens. Seriously.......you could take pics for a glossy calendar with this thing.

The ones you see here are reduced in size and optimised to bring down the file size......but I think you'll still see a major difference.
They are cracking pictures X clear as a bell. :thumb:
Only thing is, with pics like that the vid I did today with the Drift looks naff!

Looks like heat haze. :D

User avatar
Bender
Moderator
Posts: 5304
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 2154 times
Been liked: 2500 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by Bender » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:38 pm

Pics are great, you need 5 4k cameras now though.
Bite my shiny metal ass..

User avatar
Pie man
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): KTM 1290 Super Adventure S & Yamaha MT07
Location: NFA
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by Pie man » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Great pics, great phone. I have the A70 and I thought the pictures on that phone were good. I like the fact it is a dual sim phone. Work/Private without the need to carry two phones. :thumb:
A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether to say it or not.

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 2969 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by XTreme » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:06 pm

Pie man wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:55 pm
Great pics, great phone. I have the A70 and I thought the pictures on that phone were good. I like the fact it is a dual sim phone. Work/Private without the need to carry two phones. :thumb:
Here's an example of the quality.....this pic is taken from the Ride Report here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73447

This area was very dark.....I couldn't make anything out clearly.

So I just pointed the camera and snapped the pic.....and this was the result.
dfr.jpg
I was very impressed by the result.....cos on my old Huawei it would just have been a fuzzy blur.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skyrider
Posts: 3139
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 789 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by skyrider » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm

i have had a huawei p smart for a while but the screen was cracked battery wouldnt hold a charge an i kept loosing the volume so this week i bought a new samsung galaxy a30s so that should last me for a year or so :)
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 2969 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by XTreme » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm

skyrider wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm
i have had a huawei p smart for a while but the screen was cracked battery wouldnt hold a charge an i kept loosing the volume so this week i bought a new samsung galaxy a30s so that should last me for a year or so :)
Just checked.....6.4in and triple camera.

Should have better pics now!

James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 462 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by James in Brum » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:22 pm

I’m
Curious about the fair phone three. Any views on it?
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

skyrider
Posts: 3139
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 789 times

Re: New Smartphones

Post by skyrider » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:30 pm

XTreme wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm
skyrider wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm
i have had a huawei p smart for a while but the screen was cracked battery wouldnt hold a charge an i kept loosing the volume so this week i bought a new samsung galaxy a30s so that should last me for a year or so :)
Just checked.....6.4in and triple camera.

Should have better pics now!
i havent taken any yet but i will be working on it :)
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot], Trendiction [Bot] and 7 guests