module 2 rip off

Antz007

Hi,everyone hope you can help. I am from the UK London. I have passed my module 1 and real want to do my module 2, but because of this coronviruse and the delay of doing my module 2 all the school are charging another £300 for training and test fee's and another £170 to use there Motorcycles to go 2 and from the test centre. I was wondering is there a cheaper way because it like paying for the hole course all over again. I am not a rich man and I love Motorcycles just turn 40 and I thought it was about time to get my Motorcycle licence.

Edited by Antz007

Nightmare! Not really, even if you could pay just the test fees yiu can't ride a big bike insured on the roads without a licence I don't think.

Surely if you paid for a das in one they owe you that training for the set fee?

In my case mod test 1 and 2 and training before each of them was included in the Das package.

Having failed the mod 2 test the first time, my school ask me, for the second attempt, £195. It include the test fees, one hour training before the test, and the trip back to the school after the test.

I think it is expansive but I hadn't any other choice, I have to pay if I want to go for mod 2 test again.

It might be well worth shopping around, asking in local Facebook groups.

Then more distant ones...

Sadly the costs of getting a licence is going to change motorcycling. Many kids ride on a CBT till they are 17 then it's cheaper to learn to drive and run a car...

So most people doing there full licence are doing it for pleasure not out of necessity. Most schools have decided being overcharged for training is part of the experience...

Then the motorcycle manufactures have to sell to people buying out of choice not for necessity. So the more expensive is obviously better.

Look at difference between the market for 125's cheap & built for purpose, then look at the rest of the bike market....

This is intended to make you feel better, I hope it does:

Biking isn't cheap - a few grand for a bike, up to a grand average on insurance every year, a grand on gear, £200 on tyres, fuel, mot, servicing, oil etc... Don't be annoyed if you have to pay a hundred or so quid more on day 1 - it'll pale into insignificance over your biking career! And every penny is worth it. 👍🏽

Guest Swagman

Yeah, I paid a hundred and eighty quid the other day to remove one bolt :lol:

Just because you are ham fisted. :D :D :D

I misunderstood when someone said that when you're a motorcyclist all the power is in your right wrist

Yeah but you have to be a little more gentle with a ratchet. :D :D