New Smartphones

XTreme

Just ordered a pair of Samsung Galaxy A71 5G's for me and the wife!

Galaxy_A71_5G_Super_Steady_Mode_Feature_Visual_RGB-min.jpeg.7b5620475c759e6a101596d13ba2d921.jpeg

It's got 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Drive, 6.7" screen, 4 cameras with the main one being 64MP, 4K video.........my Dark Motorcycling will look even grimmer now!

Review: https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-A71-Review_id4814

We've always had Huawei's.......which have been brilliant! But there's no way we'll knowingly buy Chinese products now.......given the situation over the last year!

So I pick the Samsung's up early next week.......and of course, all costs are tax deductible! Pity it's not the same for bikes!

Does it have a headphone socket?

Just ordered a pair of Samsung Galaxy A71 5G's for me and the wife!

Galaxy_A71_5G_Super_Steady_Mode_Feature_Visual_RGB-min.jpeg.7b5620475c759e6a101596d13ba2d921.jpeg

It's got 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Drive, 6.7" screen, 4 cameras with the main one being 64MP, 4K video.........my Dark Motorcycling will look even grimmer now!

Review: https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-A71-Review_id4814

We've always had Huawei's.......which have been brilliant! But there's no way we'll knowingly buy Chinese products now.......given the situation over the last year!

So I pick the Samsung's up early next week.......and of course, all costs are tax deductible! Pity it's not the same for bikes!

Does it have a headphone socket?

No idea Bender.......I imagine so.....not that I ever use it!

Anyway I've got a new phone aswell, Samsung A41.

Was due an upgrade last October :roll: but forgot about it.

Camera is sooo much better than my old phone.

Only 4G but not bothered.

Camera was the main consideration for me as well.

The grim desolate places are going to look so much better from next week on! :lol:

Camera was the main consideration for me as well.

The grim desolate places are going to look so much better from next week on! :lol:

So your heading back to Wales then?

I’ve been thinking about getting a different make of phone when it’s time to change this one, not so much because of the anti Chinese thing but because Apple really are taking the piss with prices now!.

Don’t know how I’d get on with an Android phone though.

I'm looking at one of these, what was your old phone? And do you like the A41?

Testing the new Smartphone!

I wanted to have a quick run to test the camera quality out on the new smartphone......which is a Samsung Galaxy A71.

Apparently it has 4 cameras and can take photos at 64 megapixels with a resolution of 9248 x 6936! 

Big numbers.....but what's the end result? Normally my pics are around 3 to 4MB.......when I checked the pics from today they were 25MB+.

Is there a difference to the naked eye? Massive! It's like going from an ancient 1980's TV to the latest giant 4K HD flat screens. Seriously.......you could take pics for a glossy calendar with this thing.

The ones you see here are reduced in size and optimised to bring down the file size......but I think you'll still see a major difference.

svs405.thumb.jpg.427fc8fdd5355c15cdd5e72bf3cea6d2.jpg

vs405b.thumb.jpg.04424b5b50e86109687a9702c8e605ed.jpg

vs405c.thumb.jpg.6b71f6463f5107a3d0ac0f041b73e11d.jpg

vs406a.thumb.jpg.cd73801b4753508e3b02854526ea95f8.jpg

vs406b.thumb.jpg.fb5d09370b0934544ea95029a8856fcb.jpg

vs406c.thumb.jpg.e3b681a1331cd0732f0cc0f47027a4e0.jpg

vs406d.thumb.jpg.70cb611b179b5c1ab7fe8cfc2f99717d.jpg

vs407.thumb.jpg.8cd473a59d4530186fca6158dca5d3fa.jpg

Guest Swagman

I wanted to have a quick run to test the camera quality out on the new smartphone......which is a Samsung Galaxy A71.

Apparently it has 4 cameras and can take photos at 64 megapixels with a resolution of 9248 x 6936! 

Big numbers.....but what's the end result? Normally my pics are around 3 to 4MB.......when I checked the pics from today they were 25MB+.

Is there a difference to the naked eye? Massive! It's like going from an ancient 1980's TV to the latest giant 4K HD flat screens. Seriously.......you could take pics for a glossy calendar with this thing.

The ones you see here are reduced in size and optimised to bring down the file size......but I think you'll still see a major difference.

They are cracking pictures X clear as a bell. :thumb:

Only thing is, with pics like that the vid I did today with the Drift looks naff!

Guest Swagman

Only thing is, with pics like that the vid I did today with the Drift looks naff!

Looks like heat haze. :D

Great pics, great phone. I have the A70 and I thought the pictures on that phone were good. I like the fact it is a dual sim phone. Work/Private without the need to carry two phones. :thumb:

Here's an example of the quality.....this pic is taken from the Ride Report here: https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73447

This area was very dark.....I couldn't make anything out clearly.

So I just pointed the camera and snapped the pic.....and this was the result.

dfr.thumb.jpg.f6fde5c1074f9e864f0946139a7dc584.jpg

I was very impressed by the result.....cos on my old Huawei it would just have been a fuzzy blur.

• 1 month later...

i have had a huawei p smart for a while but the screen was cracked battery wouldnt hold a charge an i kept loosing the volume so this week i bought a new samsung galaxy a30s so that should last me for a year or so :)

i have had a huawei p smart for a while but the screen was cracked battery wouldnt hold a charge an i kept loosing the volume so this week i bought a new samsung galaxy a30s so that should last me for a year or so :)

Just checked.....6.4in and triple camera.

Should have better pics now!

Just checked.....6.4in and triple camera.

Should have better pics now!

i havent taken any yet but i will be working on it :)

https://shop.fairphone.com/gb_en/?___store=gb_en

An ethically influenced smartphone is the idea. When I looked into the fair phone 2 it seemed like an already 3 year out of date phone. I was doubtful of it’s longevity which is something I have found important with my phone making them last as long as possible

I can't see how any phone is ethically produced. Yes you can make the body from recycled plastic or whatever but the metals that go in to the internals can't be.

The phone companies will get these from suppliers with nice environmental friendly certs but one you go down the chain of suppliers it doesnt matter what phone you have the expensive metals will all come from a mine in a 3rd world country where the workers are being taken advantage of or child labour etc etc.