What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Went to the Harry ride. By Northampton I was soaked to the skin, almost been wiped out by dickheads in an artic, three cars and a twat on a moped. Rain running down the inside of the visor and the antimist thing gave up the ghost by the M1. Rode home. Abjectly miserable experience.

Guest Richzx6r

I decided that I'd drop by the bike shop as the bike was handling abit shite and felt like the front tyre was a couple of psi down and it turned out it was at 27psi down from 36 which is the norm that I use 36F42R but I havent checked it in a while but handling has now been restored, all I need to do now is replace front pads, oil/filters change and I may even try my hand at doing the front suspension but as I have actually never done anything with suspension I'm in abit of deep water though I'm sure someone on here can give me some insight into what I'm doing, I'm thinking about just a fork oil change??

but as I have actually never done anything with suspension I'm in abit of deep water though I'm sure someone on here can give me some insight into what I'm doing, I'm thinking about just a fork oil change??

Start a new thread in pitstop :wink:

I decided that I'd drop by the bike shop as the bike was handling abit shite and felt like the front tyre was a couple of psi down and it turned out it was at 27psi down from 36 which is the norm that I use 36F42R but I havent checked it in a while but handling has now been restored, all I need to do now is replace front pads, oil/filters change and I may even try my hand at doing the front suspension but as I have actually never done anything with suspension I'm in abit of deep water though I'm sure someone on here can give me some insight into what I'm doing, I'm thinking about just a fork oil change??

I've just taken the forks completely apart on the sv, first time I've done it. I reckon if you just want to change fork oil it would be pretty straightforward. I've been using Haynes and YouTube to guide me. Just trying to be methodical and taking my time. The fork oil that came out was pretty minging so good to get it changed. Also going to do seals and bushes whilst they're apart.

Guest Richzx6r

but as I have actually never done anything with suspension I'm in abit of deep water though I'm sure someone on here can give me some insight into what I'm doing, I'm thinking about just a fork oil change??

Start a new thread in pitstop :wink:

I will do once I start them :thumb:

Took delivery of it made it legal and rode it!

What a difference to the cruiser!

New front tyre and brakes just about bedded in :D

It is a bit thirsty though! I was taking things pretty steady but I've already overtaken more things than I ever did on the cruiser :thumb: :D

20200829_100622.thumb.jpg.64382df6f1fec25f90fdc485ad21b26f.jpg

20200829_100641.thumb.jpg.7bc646d6d34409361d7b7ef5c7a4471c.jpg

As I took delivery of a pet vacuum yesterday for drying the motorbikes, I took part in the "cheese on toast bike cleaning challenge". Could I wash and dry [mention]Magpie84[/mention]'s Tiger in the time it took her to make me some cheese on toast.

Happy to report it was a success.

As I took delivery of a pet vacuum yesterday for drying the motorbikes, I took part in the "cheese on toast bike cleaning challenge". Could I wash and dry @Magpie84's Tiger in the time it took her to make me some cheese on toast.

It's rare bit it can be done.

🤦

https://i.imgur.com/oaZo3RD.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Very small addition but worthwhile. A 12v USB charger from Optimate that plugs into the DIN socket of my BMW. Switches off after 3 hours or if the battery voltage falls below 12.3v.

This is great for me. I have an Anker 20,000 mAh Powerbank that I will charge during the day in my tankbag then use that overnight to charge my phone and my Drift S HD camera.

It is a bit thirsty though! I was taking things pretty steady but I've already overtaken more things than I ever did on the cruiser :thumb: :D

That looks really nice!.

As I took delivery of a pet vacuum yesterday for drying the motorbikes, I took part in the "cheese on toast bike cleaning challenge". Could I wash and dry @Magpie84's Tiger in the time it took her to make me some cheese on toast.

Cleaned, dried, waxed & polished the mighty Speedtriple...

Would have time to bake the bread & churn the cheese to make cheese on toast before I’d finished !!

nice bike Ian :)

Nice. What are they?

Pilot Power RS, I’ve not had a set of Michelins for ages, but they’ve got good reviews, were a decent price and I didn’t fancy Pirellis because they seem to pick up punctures really easily.

Yeah I don't think super sticky tyres are necessary. 44 teeth just released their superbike shootout and shod the bikes in s22s - they were elbow down. I'm going less sticky next time.

Took the opportunity to both take the kids as pillions on our new bikes for the first time, and ride out with a friend who recently passed his mod 2. Lovely little ride, a cuppa and some biscuits as we watched the sun set, then back home. First time riding in the dark for a long while, the BMW lights are looooooads better than the Kawasaki's were (although [mention]Magpie84[/mention]'s floodlights probably win the prize)

Well after getting caught in a thunderstorm in Suffolk/Norfolk border 2 week's ago, finally managed to get it home and dry out the electrics and get the Vfr back up and running after a total electrical failure!!!!

Test ride tomorrow with mate's!! Just in case 😉.

IMG_20200825_135638812.thumb.jpg.cd4fa23fe6777d70b147bf6a96ef93d0.jpg

Nice. What are they?

Pilot Power RS, I’ve not had a set of Michelins for ages, but they’ve got good reviews, were a decent price and I didn’t fancy Pirellis because they seem to pick up punctures really easily.

Yeah I don't think super sticky tyres are necessary. 44 teeth just released their superbike shootout and shod the bikes in s22s - they were elbow down. I'm going less sticky next time.

The RS are meant to be pretty sticky and designed to deal with faster road riding and the occasional track day while not wearing out a rear in 1000-1500 miles which suits me.

I really liked the Supercorsas I had on the Ducati but they had their down sides on the road, they were rubbish if it rained,wore out quick and seemed to pick up punctures really easily!.

The vfr has michelin tyres on! Front is brand spanking pilot road5

back is very nearly new pilot road4.

Don't think I've ever had michelin tyres on a bike before ( I used to deliver them at 1 point)

Don't know if I like them or not yet, haven't tried very hard :lol: