What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Thanks to @dynax I'll be spending the weekend reading up on the relative merits of DC or DCC model railways.

I'd just convinced myself to go old school when I saw a DCC set with sound effects. I'm a sucker for gadgets.

Well worth bookmarking https://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/

and Brian Lambert AKA Flashbang is the owner of this forum https://www.modelrailwayforum.co.uk/

great forum just like TMBF is for bikers :thumb:

Thanks to @dynax I'll be spending the weekend reading up on the relative merits of DC or DCC model railways.

I'd just convinced myself to go old school when I saw a DCC set with sound effects. I'm a sucker for gadgets.

and Brian Lambert AKA Flashbang is the owner of this forum https://www.modelrailwayforum.co.uk/

It's mainly his stuff I've been looking at. I'm looking for a winter project for days when it's foul outside. Probably going N gauge.

It's mainly his stuff I've been looking at. I'm looking for a winter project for days when it's foul outside. Probably going N gauge.

Keep an eye out for sales from Brian1951 he sells a lot of N gauge locos at really good prices mainly Dapol, i have had some really good bargains from him over the years :thumb:

My railway building is on hold for the moment, the extra space i reclaimed has come in handy as we have had the bathroom made into a wet room, the flooring people will be back on Tuesday to lay the new flooring, so as long as the weather holds out i can go for a ride over the weekend :thumb:

Going to Santa Pod to rag the tits off the ZRX and see some friends.

Hopefully a fun day and the rain will hold off till later.

Staying this evening in local pub as girlfriend has her daughter over for birthday girls night :mrgreen:

I quite like being thrown out and being told to stay in the pub lol.

Cheers

Ian

You may remember that I mentioned that I was contacted on FB by a Brit guy who lives about 15 miles from me about a month ago. I've never met him, but he's got a Strom and wanted to meet up.

I told him I was going to find Retamalejo and that it may get a bit hard. And never heard any more.

Well I did find it, it was hard.......and I got heatstroke!

Anyway, he just contacted me again and wanted to meet up for a coffee on Sunday. I told him that I go out to ride......and have no interest in going in bars (particularly now Covid is back).

However, I did tell him that I'm planning to try and find this abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura on Sunday if he's interested?

lg.jpg.b36694aa08565845248973a7161905b2.thumb.jpg.e4797c8670dbf148dd62aa4963236750.jpg

But I added the disclaimer that I've no idea how rough it's going to get......just to make him aware of what he's getting himself into.

And that's absolutely true......it may be straight forward or it could be The Road of Bones! But at least it's forecast to be cooler so dehydration and heatstroke shouldn't be a factor this time.

No reply so far......think he's bottled it again! But I'll be going......this has been planned out for some time.

Guest Richzx6r

You may remember that I mentioned that I was contacted on FB by a Brit guy who lives about 15 miles from me about a month ago. I've never met him, but he's got a Strom and wanted to meet up.

I told him I was going to find Retamalejo and that it may get a bit hard. And never heard any more.

Well I did find it, it was hard.......and I got heatstroke!

Anyway, he just contacted me again and wanted to meet up for a coffee on Sunday. I told him that I go out to ride......and have no interest in going in bars (particularly now Covid is back).

However, I did tell him that I'm planning to try and find this abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura on Sunday if he's interested?

lg.jpg.b36694aa08565845248973a7161905b2.jpg

But I added the disclaimer that I've no idea how rough it's going to get......just to make him aware of what he's getting himself into.

And that's absolutely true......it may be straight forward or it could be The Road of Bones! But at least it's forecast to be cooler so dehydration and heatstroke shouldn't be a factor this time.

No reply so far......think he's bottled it again! But I'll be going......this has been planned out for some time.

I'd do that even on the ninja :thumb:

Well I didn't do the planned trip to the abandoned village today......had a few things on so it would have taken too long.

But where I went was even better........and turned out to be the Darkest Motorcycling so far! 

[mention]fastbob[/mention] is going to brick himself on this one because potentially there could have been crazy dossers at every turn! :lol:

Finished up making a slide thing for the boy's 3rd birthday:

20200830_163434.thumb.jpg.adc68e890a029114c48245eeee25bce3.jpg

20200830_163445.thumb.jpg.2f7d437a6d61f840d88417c34184c119.jpg

Wife got the slide second hand so I had to make the rest to match.

The platform is 1.5m high and the thing overall is 3m.

So far he's made it to the 4th step. :lol:

Finished up making a slide thing for the boy's 3rd birthday:

20200830_163434.jpg

20200830_163445.jpg

Wife got the slide second hand so I had to make the rest to match.

The platform is 1.5m high and the thing overall is 3m.

So far he's made it to the 4th step. :lol:

I see you are preparing him for the experience of road rash :lol: :thumb:

Ha! Yeah, it is quite a fast slide. The plan is to move it somewhere grassy. I need to make up some sort of transportation device because it's bloody heavy!

Ha! Yeah, it is quite a fast slide. The plan is to move it somewhere grassy. I need to make up some sort of transportation device because it's bloody heavy!

I used an old sheet of hardboard to move a half full compost bin, put it smooth side down and got the bin on it eventually then just dragged the sheet around where i wanted it, you could make some plywood wheels and just bolt them on, you would only need 2 :thumb:

We're going out on the bike again today ( 1st. time 2-up on this bike)

Heading for Bewdley/Stourport I think 8-)

Sue is coming so it has to involve ice-cream! :lol: :thumb:

How are the knees doing?

Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk

Guest Richzx6r

Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk

Can we give it a quick kick on the way past :thumb: